004.

MONTY.

Henry brings me to a car dealership. It's sudden really. I'm so glad mom found him. He's pretty cool. I always dreamt of having a father figure, and Henry is more than I could ask for. He even offered to buy me a brand new car, but I told him I could go with used cars, as they're cheaper.

I fell instantly in love with this Jeep queued along, and it works just fine. The guy by the dealership says it's pretty much new, only used for two years, which is obvious with its still good paint and exteriors. And the interior is pretty much intact. PERFECT! I test drove it for an hour, then Henry paid it in cash. Full.

I can't stop thanking him on the way home. I already got my driver's license when my late father brought home an old motorcycle that he ended up smashing into pieces when he got home drunk and angry.

Too bad it's the weekend. I'm excited to bring my new Jeep to school, show it off a little, and go drive around with my friends. 

I just spent my Saturday doing homework, locked in my room, also my way not to deal with Winston. However, my sister seemed to enjoy spending a lot of time with him. I asked her what Winston was telling her, and she said that she's wrong about him and that he's super nice. I hated that she used the word 'super'. I still don't kind of trust Winston with her. 

The guy is a fucking psycho and I'm the crazy one feeling things I shouldn't feel. He fucking likes me and my heart seems to like that thought.

I smirk to myself, he fucking likes me. 

"Monty, dinner's ready!" Brenda knocks and calls outside.

"Coming!" I shout back. Then I drop my pen and stand by the mirror to check myself. I straighten my shirt making sure my muscles look prominent. I look  down at my shorts. Should I change into pants?

I stop, catching myself. Why do I care if I only wear shorts? Or how I look? Yet, my hands, as if it has a mind of its own, brushes my hair a little.

Then I stare at my reflection. Why does he like me? Does he find me hot?

That simple thought makes my brain run wild. I tear my eyes away from the mirror before I obsess over making sure I look good. And I head towards the door.

Everyone's already there at the dining, but I pause, catching Estela and Winston talking happily. They're sitting across, facing each other. I take a seat beside my sister, and the both of them turn silent as if they're talking about something I'm not supposed to hear. I dare not look, and pretend to not care, keeping myself from asking, 'What the fuck are you two talking about that you went quiet when I came?'

I just silently eat my dinner but I can feel Estela glancing my way. 

"What?" I finally ask.

"Nothing." 

I catch Winston gaze at Estela and then me. But I think his eyes stop a few seconds at me before he focuses back on his food.

"By the way," mom interrupts all of us, "Henry and I were talking earlier about going to the beach tomorrow?"

"Really?" Estela beams. And I'm surprised to see Winston smiling with her and looking at mom. I feel my stomach twist by the sight.

Is he for real?

Does he finally realize that wanting me is a wrong idea because we're brothers?

I don't even know how to feel about that.

"So, I say we stay for a day," mom continues.

"I think I might want to stay for two," Winston suggests.