Chapter 6 : A Zombie's Choco Bar

Sunghoon and Mirae ran towards the apartment. Their neighbourhood still did not seem effected. In the state of shock they were in,their first instinct was to run to the safest place they know of - home. That is human instinct.

They run inside and shut the door behind them,falling down to the floor,breathing out heavily.

"This cannot be happening-" Sunghoon shakes his head in disbelief as Mirae processes her thoughts.

He slowly walks upto her, "So...what do we do now~"

She looks upto him and seems to have come back to her thoughts. She hurriedly looks through her jackets pockets and finds the keys to the handcuffs and starts unlocking them.

"What are you doing??" He asks,confused.

"You...you should leave..." She says. Her expression shows confusion and absent mindedness,she is clearly calculating and processing everything that is happening around her.

"Wh-what? Why?" He is flabbergasted.

"I won't detain you anymore...there's no point...we are in a level above law and order now. You might be a thief,but right now,your family must be waiting for you. Get to them before the situation gets worse-" she explained and gestured him towards the door.

He slowly takes the handcuffs off  and places them on the table. He sighs and throws her a glance as he turns towards the door. He takes a few steps towards it,but then turns back.

"Right now you are the one I need!" He says,making Mirae look up in surprise.

"Huh?"

Mirae had to admit,even in this apocalyptic situation,this man had some out of earth features.

"What do you mean?!" She asks more sternly,coming back to her senses.

"Umm...I mean...that-Ice Cream!" He quickly rushes towards the refrigerator and pulls out the tub of ice cream Mirae bought.

Mirae couldn't believe her a eyes.

"Yah! The zombies are out their chewing out humans like choco bars and here you are risking your life for vannila ice cream?!" She says in a tone of disbelief as he devours a scoop.

He looks down and murmurs.

"I don't have anyone to go back home to."

Mirae's heart softens. She too,was an orphan.

"But still,you will probably have better chances of protecting yourself if you get out of this district soon!" She says.

He takes another bite of ice cream.

"I don't want to be alone. Not right now." He gets up and walks towards her slowly.

"Let's be a team. And survive this situation." He said with a determined look.

"You know this isn't a time to joke right? You know every man for themself in a situation like this. What makes you think I will protect you as your teammate?" She questions him.

"You don't have to protect me. Just having someone next to you would give a lot of hope and strength to get through this. Also,when you let me go,and told me to go home to my family,shows you aren't someone who would sell out someone to protect yourself. I trust you miss." His words soften her temper a lot.

He continues , "But if it's me that you don't trust,then please let me know...I will walk out this very moment." He turns to leave and takes a few steps,praying she calls him back.

She doesn't.

And once he realises that fact,he gives up dejectedly, and he is about to swing the handle on the door to open it when Mirae turns him around and pins him to the door,covering his mouth with her palm.

This sudden action of hers made him blush,and he totally did notice her looking outside the window in panick. There was a zombie right outside. Their neighbourhood was now effected.

Sunghoon's heartbeat raised,with this woman he hadn't even known for a proper 48 hours so close to him.

"She has beautiful eyes..." He admired them.

Then once the zombie groggily walked past their door,she breathed out in relief before looking back at him,only then realising how there was no space between them at all. She distances herself immediately as she motions him to stay quiet and gestures him to come to the other side of the room,away from the door.

"Look mister-"

"It's Sunghoon."

"Uh?"

"Park Sunghoon. That's my name. Glad to meet you partner." He extended his hand with a grin.

"I didn't yet say I accepted your offer-"

"Your action just did. You saved me. If you didn't care,you could have just let me go and let me become a zombie's choco bar" He smiled.

She sighs and shakes his hand.

"You saved me too...at the police station. When I was frozen in terror,you dragged me along and saved me. I think I can trust you..."she says slowly making him beam.

"Okay then,partners we are!" He grins.

"Wait! I told you my name! You didn't tell me yours!" He pouts.

"Is that even important right now-"

"Of course it is! How do I know which name I call out for help if I get kidnapped by some gangster zombies tomorrow?!" He says dramatically,making her chuckle.

"Mirae."

"Uh?"

"Jang Mirae. That's my name."

"It's a pretty name,for a pretty girl." There he went,oozing of his natural charm again,Park Sunghoon.

_______________________________

A/N -22nd February 2022

Now since their friendship begins,let's see how things go😍🤩

Also choose which ship name you like better!

RaeHoon

SungRae

MiHoon

SungMi

Misung

Vote for your favourites by commenting next to it🤩 That will be our official ship name for this book!

Please do vote on this story and do comment! It would be very encouraging 💕

Saranghae💝

~Author V✌️