Chapter 7 : Not So Stranger...Anymore~

If you told Mirae a week ago that one day she would be sitting next to a handsome stranger and eating ice cream in her own house in the middle of the night,she would have punched you in the face.

But here she was.

The unthinkable was happening.

Zombies and this handsome stranger  who would trade his life over one scoop of ice cream.

They had decided to ration out their supplies,as they wanted them to last long enough for them to survive on,till help arrived- if it ever did, that is.

But of course Sunghoon continued to whine and convinced her that one bowl of ice cream won't do them any harm.

Mirae agreed too,because the electricity had gone out that afternoon,and had not come back for three hours. Mirae knew it wasn't going to come back. Why waste good ice cream.

"So tell me about yourself" Sunghoon asked her,eyes brimming with curiousity as he leaned in towards her.

She nudged him away.

"Mind your own business." She scoffed.

"Aww...whyyy...look Jang Mirae ssi,we are stuck with each other for God knows how long. The best we could do is get to know each other! That will only help us build trust. Hmm?"

"Fine,what do you want to know?"

"Anything and everything!" He giggled.

Mirae took in a deep breath and sighed.

"I am Jang Mirae,26 years old,work as a stuntwoman. The end."

"That's it??!" Sunghoon widened his eyes.

"What else would be there?"

"What about your family?" He asked.

At his question,she seemed to remember a few sequences of a past she forgot about.

"Appa...Appa!" A little girl ran cheerfully towards her father,who picked her up and swirled her around in his arms.

"That's my baby!" A voice she couldn't forget rang in her ears.

"Mirae ssi?" Sunghoon's voice brought her back into the present.

"Uh? Uh yeah...well ... I used to have a dad...but...I don't know where he is now..." She says solemnly.

Sunghoon understands it's not a very comfortable subject for her to speak about,so he decides to change the topic.

"Aah! So you are a stunt woman! That explains the handcuffs lol,here I was thinking you had an onlyfans-" he shut his mouth before he could complete the sentence,earning a suspicious glare from Mirae.

"What did you think?"

"Nothing. I don't have a brain to think. Don't worry!" He shamelessly said,earning a scoff from her.

Mirae would have smacked the s*** out of him,but she didn't want to make any noise louder than the whispers they were conversing in at the moment.

Her apartment was safe for the moment,except for the one zombie turned watchman who went about on nightwatch,there wasn't any forseeable danger,yet.

They had sealed the front door shut,and put the useless refrigerator against it,to prevent any stray zombie from entering.

Sunghoon yawned.

"Can we go to bed now?" He said,making her glance sharply at him.

Hers was a small apartment,with just enough living and sleeping space for her.