Tattoos

*Suicidal thoughts warning*
*1 year after the war*
*Catadora status: engaged*

Adora couldn't take it anymore. She just couldn't. She needed reminders of her loved ones, and why she kept on fighting.

Sometimes, the world became overwhelming. Sometimes, she wanted to give up on life. But she always snapped out of it. Recently however, Catra had left on a diplomatic mission, and unintentionally left Adora in her despair.

Adora, previously cutting strawberries, now stared at the knife she was holding. Thoughts flooding her subconscious, and without Catra to calm her down, she decided that she needed something to remind her that she had everything she could ever ask for.

***Lazy author time skip***

Catra opened the door to their room, exausted. Who knew that a meeting with a sea village could last 4 solid days? Honestly, she just wanted to plop down into the bed, and curl up next to Adora.

Except... Where was Adora? Catra couldn't smell her, so she wasn't in their room. After a bit of searching, she determined Adora wasn't in this side of the castle. Rounding the corner, she ran into a very solid cloud of glitter.

"Owch! Oh, hey Catra." Said Glimmer, looking quite pleased to have her back. "There's a couple of treaties and meetings I want your opinion on."
"Look, sparkles. I'm tired. Do you know where Adora is?" Catra said exasperation oozing from her voice.

"Oh yeah. She's patrolling with
Swiftie, making sure nobody stirs up trouble." Said Glimmer apologetically. Catra sighed and thanked her, knowing the patrols could last for an hour at least. Climbing into their bed, drifting off, she curled up on top of the covers, and fell asleep.

A hand caressed her hair, running their fingers through it.
"Mrrp?" Catra chirped, still lazily out of it. A giggle, then she raised her head to see her beautiful fiancee sitting next to her.

"Hey sleepyhead. How are you?" Catra nuzzled her hand in response, happily taking the affection she had been deprived of for 17ish years. The feline hybrid raised her head, taking in her surroundings slowly.

It had taken a while, but both girls had finally managed to feel safe most of the time. The war had certainly changed both of them, but they were overcoming their obstacles, day by day.

Catra yanked her head up in surprise spotting a very new marking on her girlfriend's arm.
"What is that?" She said, slightly startled.

Adora smiled sadly. "While you were gone, the.... Thoughts became too much. I needed to remind myself what I had, and what I fight for."

Catra gasped, tears welling up in her eyes, hand clasped to her mouth, as she took in Adoras new tattoos. She had the fail safe on her neck, Glimmers staff encompassed by Bow's bow, and (simply because I hate the fact that her helmet is there. It's the old Catra that they're trying to come to terms with, not what they want to remember. ) Catras name in fancy lettering, embossing the inside of her forearm.

"Remember what really matters in this world. C.M.A." The shorter woman breathed, running her fingers over the new ink.

To anyone else, that name would be silly, a ridiculous child's name, given by a ridiculous child. But to them, that was when they were happy. That was when the two were carefree. Before the war, before the politics, before the torment and the abuse.

The two were both a crying mess now, each holding the other. The 'I love you's' and the 'I will be with you no matter what' did not need to be said. They both understood. They both loved. They both had found peace.