Chapter Two

[ PLEASE IGNORE ANY AND ALL MISTAKES ]
______________________________

Corrine.
8/9— Monday
12:24 PM
Location: New York City 🇺🇸

"Jax why the hell do you wanna go to school so bad? Usually you'd be celebrating a day off

"Jax why the hell do you wanna go to school so bad? Usually you'd be celebrating a day off. You're sick so you need to sit yo ass down somewhere and just breathe." Corrine fussed into her phone as she entered her office, walking around her desk to sit down. She placed the coffee she was holding in the corner and rolled her eyes as he began spilling one of his many excuses.

It was without a doubt Jaxxon was the child who would send either her and Xavier into early retirement. It was the first day of Junior year for the twins and he was at home because he had a fever this morning, but he insisted on still going before the day ended so he didn't have to miss his first basketball practice. Apparently the first practice was the most important one.

"Ma I'm okay now I swear, can I please go to school? Carlton checked my temperature again and it's normal." He pouted slightly, looking just like her. She rolled her eyes at the sound of Xavier's voice telling her that their kids get that pouting shit from her.

Both Reign and Jaxxon looked just like her. They resembled Xavier in their own ways but they definitely screamed Corrine. Now personality wise? Jaxxon had Xavier's personality DOUBLED. That's HIS son. Reign had a mixture of both, but she definitely had Xavier's mean mug down.

Armani was Xavier's child through and through. Her and Jaxxon butted heads a lot because of how alike they were.

"I don't care Jaxxon. I told you to stay home and rest and I meant that. This is not up for discussion sweetheart. You're more than welcome to go tomorrow, as long as you can consecutively show your fever has dropped. Ya hear me?"

He smacked his lips and groaned. "Alright ma I hear you."

Corrine pulled the phone away from her ear and mugged it before placing it back. "You must want to fight? Cause who you smacking your lips at?"

"I'm sorry ma I didn't mean too," He sighed, clearly frustrated. "I understand why you want me to stay home, I just really wanted to go to school."

"I know baby but you'll thank me later when you aren't passing out during practice cause you wanted to rush your illness. You may not have a fever but I promise you haven't just magically healed. It'll come back later unfortunately. I would know because you are my child and your body has been doing this for years. Just do me a favor and drink your water, keep something on your stomach and just relax. I don't even care if you play the game all day as long as you are resting."

"Wait really?" He asked, suddenly excited. The thought of playing the game all day didn't sound too bad.

Corrine rolled her eyes. "Yes Jaxxon now please stop worrying me to death. I promise basketball isn't going anywhere, if you need me too I'll even have ya father call your coach."