Four

(Photo is Mitchell)

"You fucked him!?" Rachel nearly yelled. I wrinkled my nose.

"I don't like the term 'fuck'." I said, but I couldn't help smiling.

"Oh, what the fuck ever Lucy. You don't sleep with a guy on the first date!" Rachel scolded.

"You're always telling me to come out of my shell and do something I wouldn't normally do!" I argued, shaking my wet hair out. Rachel rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, like give a speech or bitch slap the annoying girl at work. Not fuck a guy you barely know!" She nearly squealed. I gave her a look. She just fell back onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I dug through my drawers and pulled a t-shirt on.

"I can't believe this." She groaned.

"Why is this a bad thing?!" I asked, sitting on my bed, facing her.

"Because, Lucy!" She said, sitting up. "I know how you are! You're going to get attached and then he's going to break your heart." I shook my head.
"Come on, Rachel, not every guy is going to hurt me!" I exclaimed. It was her turn to give me a look.

"Lou, you know better than anyone that guys don't care." She said.

"Mitchell's not like other guys!" I argued. She held up her hands in defeat.

"Fine, fine. So what did you want me to come over for anyway?" She asked. I gave her my sweetest smile.

"I'm having dinner with the Bakers tonight and I need your help." I said. Her mouth fell open.
"Like, Cody Baker? And his father?" She said, dumbfounded. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Calm down, Rachel. They're just people." I said, annoyed at her for being like everyone else.

"Insanely rich and famous people!" She exclaimed.

"So can you help me or not?" I asked, ignoring her comment. She sighed.

"Fine, but you owe me. And telling me about your hot sex with Mitchell does not count!" Rachel said animatedly. I just laughed. I was giddy with post-sex glow and the fact that Mitchell had not only had sex with me--multiple times, I might add--but also had spent the night and made me breakfast. I think he might be a keeper.

Rachel worked on my hair and makeup for a couple of hours and then helped me pick out an outfit. We finally agreed on a black, long sleeved dress which was a little on the shorter side, but classy nonetheless.

"Your boobs look amazing in that dress." Rachel said, looking at me with wide eyes. I turned to the mirror and studied myself. I had to agree. I grinned.

"Well, then it's likely to bring Dakota to his knees. We all know how much he loves boobs." I said with a laugh. Rachel rolled her eyes and steered me towards my shoes.

"Don't let him get under your skin, Lou. He's not worth it." She said, chuckling at my joke.

"I always pretend we get along in front of his father, anyway. I love that man too much." I said with a sigh. Michael Baker was like a father to me. My phone rang suddenly. I scrambled out of the closet and found my phone lying on my bed.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"I'm outside in a car, waiting for you." A voice on the other end said. I could tell that it was Dakota.

"Be right there." I said through clenched teeth. I hung up without listening for his response and hurried back into the closet, grabbing my red pumps and throwing them on my feet.

"Dakota's waiting for me." I said, grabbing my light jacket and clumsily putting my arms in the sleeves. Rachel just stared at me.

"You're crazy." She said, rolling her eyes. I looked at her, confused.