The Sidekick

SEASON 1: EPISODE 1.

INFO ;; After an incident with Eggman's new creation, Burnbot, Tails gets injured. And, for what Sonic believes to be his own safety, he ' fires ' Tails and begins to look for a replacement to become his official sidekick.

...

[Name] had only come by to Sonic's hut to ask for any spare cups. Yes, they were holding a tea-party for themselves and some stuffed teddy bears. Peeking their head out into the entrance of the hut, they sent a wave to Tails, Sonic and to a beaver, as well before, raising an invisible brow at Eggman appearing here.

"Hello! I just, need some teac--"

"Congratulations. You're the fourth candidate."

"Wait, what?" [Name] tilted their head to the side, full of confusion and merely shrugged to themselves. "Maybe, I'm a candidate to get some...Oh, teacups!" They squealed in delight, doing a little dance and ignored the confused looks the others gave to them.

"Gonna get me some teacups for Mr Tedster and Miss Eureka!" They started singing about to themselves, smiling brightly.

...

All of them were now at the top of a hill, on hoverboards except for Sonic, as he was prepping them up with the instructions on what to do.

"Alright, being my sidekick is no easy task. This competition will test your strength, stamina and endurance."

Looking down at how high up they all were, [Name] widened their eyes and gulped, testing out to see if their silver gauntlet was workable and they grinned to see that it was. Though, when they looked back down at the height; the tufts of their hair burst out into flames of fire.

To add on, [Name] has pyrokinesis; like Red Son from Monkie Kid! With the hair catching on fire and all with the silver gauntlet.

Pretty cool, right?

Anyways, [Name] let out a deep breath and clenched their eyes shut, bringing their own thoughts to the teacups they hoped to gain after winning this. The fire that had been sparked on the tufts of their hair was put out, their hair swayed calmly now. Opening their eyes, a confused look was held upon their whole face. "Sidekick? Is that an additional part for after the winner receives the teacup set?"

Unfortunately, the [Animal Name's] question wasn't answered, as Sonic raised his right hand upwards in gesturing to what he would announce next; "The winner will be, whoever makes it--"

"Actually, it's 'whomever'." The beaver candidate chittered, correcting Sonic, like the smart aleck he is.

The blue hedgehog grew irritated at this, curling his hands into fist and continued on with his speech. "The winner will be whomever makes it through all of the unimaginable hardships and brings me the red flag, I planted atop the incredibly dangerous, but inaccurately named Mount Safety."

In course, the diligent blue hedgehog pointed onwards to the hill that had a vibrantly red flag planted in it. Now, all had their eyes narrowed within determination and they all thought that would be all; readying themselves to start, but a meek voice inquired something in.

"Actually...--" But, before the beaver could say anything; Eggman pushed him down the slope of the beginning hill. "Aaargh!" A cry for help left the jitterish beaver, flailing his arms about in fear.