First Year

~

"Oh, darling, don't you ever grow upDon't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple,"~September 1, 1971, ~

Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple,"
~September 1, 1971, ~

The family stood on the train platform. The little girl with a smile as she watched the others move around her in a busy pace as the train was departing in 10 minutes. On the other hand her brother was pale in the face scarily listening to his father tell him all was going to be okay, and maybe he could fool himself into believing that too.

"You guys will be fine, I promise," He put a hand on his daughter shoulder as if to ask for her help.

Peter shook his head and looked at the concrete, Averie walked up next to him, grabbed his hand and told him, "Come on Pete, it's you and me, we got this,"

He nodded and she looked back at her father with a wide smile, "I'll miss you dad,"

"And I you, bug. Now off you go, or you'll be late," Wren wrapped his arms around the two, hugging them tightly.

"Love you, dad." Averie and Peter smiled at him.

"Love you too," he patted their heads as they pulled away.

"Come on, Peter!" The girl pulled him onto the train, pulling him down the hall.

Seeing as they were late most of the train cars were filled with students. The two kept walking down, the end getting closer and closer as they went. Averie stopped abruptly in front of one of the cars, two boys sat inside opposite from each other with seemingly no one else there. SHe opened the sliding door, their conversation stopping as they looked at the two. 

"Are these seats taken?" 

"Not at all," The boy with glasses held his arm out as he smiled. 

"Perfect," Averie pulled her brother in more and sat in next to the other boy as she sat across from him next to the boy with long hair.

"James," the boy stuck his hand out. 

"Averie and the is Peter," she responded.

"Avery?" 

She shook her head as she laughed, "Ah-very, I think my mother had to much pain medicine when I was born,"

"Sirius," he smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you,"

"I don't know about you guys but I'm so excited! My parents met at Hogwarts and they tell me the story about it all the time," James squealed.

"Ours too! My mother was a Hufflepuff and dad a Ravenclaw," Averie explained. 

"I can't wait to be sorted. I just know I'm going to be in Gryffindor,," Sirius smirked like he knew what mayhem that would cause.