Chapter 2- The muse

We both qualified for the volleyball training camp, but I didn't see him until the first night. He was with a brown haired man, and the two seemed to be close. I was with a man named Bokuto Koutarou; we had become friends in our first year, and I admire his skill and dedication. Although he can be quite loud and boisterous.

"Ya know I used to have a pet rat in grade school!"
The puppy-like ace exclaimed.
"Did you take care of them well?"
I was very concerned for the rat's safety.
"Of course. I would never abandon the cutie for the world!"
"That's good, I wouldn't want them in a bad home."
The owl with frosted tips laughed deeply at that statement for some reason.
"Why are you laughing?"
I ask with genuine curiosity.
"Oh, it's just that I would never imagine you caring so much about a rat. It's very out of character for you, considering how people think you act."
I don't quite understand what he means by that, and I don't think I will, even if he tries to explain it. So I don't question it; I just agree with his statement in fake understanding.

We were given dorms to stay in, and each dorm had four people. There were two bunk beds in each room. Bokuto and Tendou were two of my dorm mates, and I was grateful that I had gotten people that I know. The other person that shared a room with us was the one that intrigued me the most. I saw him earlier playing, and he seemed quite talented considering he was a first year. I still didn't know his name.

"Hey, hey, hey! My name's Bokuto Koutarou. What's your name?"
Bokuto had said with intense enthusiasm.
"Sup, I'm Tendou!"
"Hello I'm Ushijima Wakatoshi."
The unknown male was quiet, he seemed very distant. Yet, I could tell he would be a very interesting unknown. I had watched him earlier; I wanted to draw him playing. I could tell he was going to be my inspiration with his knowing or not. I had found my muse.
"My name is Sakusa Kyoomi."