Chapter 1- The artist

I've always wanted to be an artist, not a muse. I was told to stick with studies and sports; I yearned for something more. I wanted to be a part of something more, or maybe I wanted to be something more. I am a copy of those who see themselves in me. They make me them, yet I craved an identity of my own. 

Semi was a musician of his own devices. He didn't have many expectations forced on him, for his family saw his passion let him build himself off of it. I envy that. That's why I agreed to do this in the first place. I wanted to see the artist in work, so I agreed to be the muse.

He wrote as I sat doing my work. Semi followed me around the dorm for days, yet he still hadn't finished. He would apologize every day even though I said it was fine. Two weeks later he had finished the song; the day he shared it with his band they found a perfect sound for it. 

"You know you can just draw in your spare time, right? "

An upside-down Satori says while hanging from the top bunk.

"I have been, but I don't know how to explain that to our teacher."

The art club sign up is tempting, but it might get in the way of volleyball. 

"Why would the teachers need to know? Wait, are you planning on signing up for art club?"

He seemed surprised even though I had the sheet in my hands.

"I might but it could get in the way of volleyball. "

"You should follow what you want to do."

I chose volleyball as my main focus. I'm glad I did, for if I didn't I wouldn't have met him.

I had met my muse.