Chapter 5

Chapter Title: Thanatophobia, Fear of Death
*
*
*
*
*
(The chapter was a bit gruesome, be warned.)
*
*
*
*
*
(Seoul Yongsan Police Station)

Seojun was currently sitting on a chair inside the interrogation room with sweaty hands and a nervous expression.

This is the first time that something like this happened to him. He was scared.

His train of thoughts got interrupted when a man wearing a suit with a police badge on the right side of his belt, came to his room.

The officer took a seat in front of him with a single table in between them.

After taking a seat, the police officer opens up the folder he was carrying and started reading Seojun’s information.

Police Officer: Kang Seojun, 20 years old, lives in Yongsan district with his mother and father. Sister is in hospital due to cancer. Currently working at JYP Entertainment as an assistant manager of Twice. No police records until today.

The police officer said while reading Seojun's files.

Police Officer: You seem like a good guy, so why did you do it? I understand that the girl was beautiful and irresistible but still…

The police officer asks with a curious expression while looking into Seojun's eyes.

Seojun: Officer, believe me, you probably got the wrong person. I didn’t do anything. I was on my way back home when suddenly, two police officers arrested me, saying I attempted to rape someone. I already got so many problems in my hands, I have no intentions of adding another one by doing a crime.

Seojun said but the officer continued with his questions.

Police Officer: Fine, let’s move on to another question. What is your relationship with miss Nancy McDonie?

Hearing his question made Seojun confuse. He can’t understand what Nancy has to do with this. They are dating in secret so how did the police find out about his relationship with Nancy.

Seojun was about to ask the officer about Nancy when suddenly, a knock on the door was heard.

The police officer got up from his seat and opens the door revealing the person he wasn’t expecting to see.

Nancy.

Beside her was a man wearing a police uniform. And by the looks of it, this man was a high-ranking officer.

The police officer saluted to the man in front of him and immediately left the room, leaving only Seojun, Nancy, and the high-ranking officer inside.

High-Ranking Officer: Seojun was it? My name is Jung Sang-gu, I’m the Chief of Police in Yongsan Police Station. You must already know who’s this young lady beside me...

The man said, introducing himself while taking a seat in front of him, but his attention was still on Nancy.

He doesn’t know why but Seojun felt something was wrong the moment he saw Nancy.

Sang-Gu: If you confess your crimes here, I promise that your sentence will be lowered.

The man said while smiling at Seojun.

Seojun: I didn’t do anything! How many times do I have to tell you that?!

At this moment, Seojun's emotions were getting out of hand. He was confused, scared, and he doesn’t know what to do.

Seojun: I didn’t even know who is this girl who told you that I attempted to rape her!

Seojun said with obvious frustration in his voice.