Two

i feel that some people hate a certain character not based on their personal experience or what, or what the character do in the story

in fact they hate them because 'other fans also hate this character'.

sometimes i wonder is it sort of a dress code to say it aloud hating a character or not. in my opinion, their shout of hatred are quite empty.

not every person are absolutely good or bad, well, i mean, there might be some characters that are portrayed as a total villain, but even the lion king was said to have a poor past life. it just makes me feel very uncomfortable to see those readers who are overreacting towards some certain characters.

this is just my personal opinion, i dont care if u call me hypocrite or whatsoever.

but think about it, whatever emotions u are holding towards that characters, are u sure they are truly yours or you are shouting it just like the others do?

People always look on their favorite characters side, let's take Raon an example.

Raon was saved and given reason to live by Kim Rok Soo, he always and will follow him until his very last breath.

Let just say.. what if Kim Rok Soo who are now known as Cale suddenly start killing people in order to become a god? Eruhaben, Alberu, Bud and those who still have rationality will definitely never support Cale's decision, how about Raon? He will always support him.

How about the current Choi Han? He will not and fight back, but always hesitant and when fighting him in deep down on his heart he doesn't want to do it, making him not Villain!Cale biggest problem to deal with.

Let just say, we are Raon, and we only see and support and always tried to back up and stay on the side to those we admire, whatever if it's wrong or right.

I honestly hate those fanfic where TCF character's treat Cale as a literal GOD or sum, well some actually did in the novel, but even tho Cale saved them, they have the right to stop staying on his side if Cale made a horrible ass decision.

Or those reactions ones who add a Female edgy girl and where White Star is more like dumbass who attack without thinking of the consequences, i mean cmon. White star somehow get angry after a few words. Thats dumb actually

He lived for 1000 years, so he might've got fine with those insults it should not be a big matter to him

Welp, and the other's take care of him and protect him in a normal way, not like- "that bitch say his stupid, kill his whole family and beat him up until his very last breath"

or

"i don't want you to get hurt,, let's made a deal with Death if you ever hurt yourself the whole world got destroyed in a second" even give you absolutely zero privacy, nor allowing you even utter a word, and forced you to love us after the way we repay you for what you did to us"

And also please stop making crazy ass smuts that's absolutely disgusting, alongside yaoi

-

i feel like a lot of the hate is unwarranted because of fanfiction. i've seen people mistake something non-canon as canon too many times

deruth gets the worst of the mischaracterization, though. he and og cale were distant, but people forget that deruth never removed him from the successor seat nor kicked him from the house and made plenty of attempts to reconnect. he gave og!cale too much freedom, but og cale also purposefully distanced himself to protect his family.

there wasn't a lot he could do to to "force" cale to be closer to them.a

in his view, what else could be do but make sure og cale was relatively safe within the territory? so that's exactly what he did.