37

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

In the morning you went to the roof where Tanjiro and Inosuke were. You saw them from afar, but you didn't see Zenitsu. You saw them yelling at each other and sighed. You then went to them.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm a bit late!" You gave them a eye closed smile and Tanjiro stood up to give you a hug.

"Welcome back!" You he said and you hugged him back. Then you both let go and Inosuke tried to explain that there was a demon at the place he's working at. You still wondered where Zenitsu is so you asked.

"Hey... Is Zenitsu still coming?"

"No, Uzui just came over and told us that he went missing." Tanjiro explained with a frown and you gasped.

"HE'S MISSING?!" You yelled.

"QUIET UP THERE!!!" Some lady shouted and you got embarrassed.

"You two better come with me to investigate this house, because there's a demon!!!" Inosuke pinched you both on your cheeks.

"Would they shut up..." The lady at the window whispered to herself.

Inosuke was now smacking your backs and Tanjiro tried to explain something while getting hit by Inosuke.

At the end we decided to split up and search for the demon ourselves. You were not okay with this because you didn't wanted to leave Tanjiro all by himself since he's still injured.

"Tanjiro... You're still injured maybe I shou-" You tried to explain that it would be too dangerous for him and that you should come with him, but he interrupted you.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine I promise nothing bad will happen to me." He smiled at you and you were still worried, but then decided to trust him.

Time skip

You were putting your haori on and got your sword. When you went out of your room people were just staring at you and mumbling around that you have a sword. You just ignored it and were just about to go out.

"Y/n...?" Someone pulled your sleeve. You looked down and saw the little girl.

"Miko? Need something?" You asked her.

"Are you leaving?" She had little tears in her eyes and you felt bad.

"Yes, I am... Sorry. But don't worry. I'll be coming back someday, okay? I promise." You kneeled down and got something out of your pocket. It was a wisteria petal.

"Here take this so you won't forget me." You gave her the petal and she hugged you, so you hugged her back.

"I won't forget you and I'm sorry for what happened earlier." She frowned.

"It's fine. It wasn't your fault. Now then, bye bye little girl!" You stood up and waved.

"Bye, Y/n!" She smiled brightly and you stepped outside. You jumped on a roof and investigated the city.

You were searching for the demon everywhere, but couldn't find a thing. While you were investigating, you couldn't stop thinking about Tanjiro. You were really worried. You thought it would be your fault if something would happen to him. You tried to concentrate on your mission and leave the thought behind. But suddenly, you heard a loud noise and saw fume from very far away. Your eyes widened.

'That's where Miko lives!' You thought and immediately went there. It took you 20 minutes to get there and you saw a lot of buildings destroyed and many people screaming. You also saw..... Tanjiro.