3. 𝐾𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑠𝑠

                        ᴀᴍɪʀᴀ

"Dad?"

"In the flesh, Dear daughter," he smirked, his vicious fingers going through the unshapely suit adjusting the buttons. His appearance hadn't changed over the years. He still had the dull green eyes, the only feature we had in common. The Short black disheveled hair and slight stubble on his jaw made him look older than he was.

I harshly sucked in a breath as my fingers clutched onto my laptop and bag tight. I could feel The Dean's gaze on me, probably curious about what made me so tensed up seeing my father.

My expectations were on something worse, but this was disastrous.

I cleared my now dry throat and shuffled on my feet, "Um. What are you doing here?"

"Same as always, Amira. Can't I check up on my one and only child?" Those words radiated darkness and held so much weight, that it made my mind hazy. He was a lying bastard.

"Ok. I'm fine as you can see. Can I go now? I have important lectures to attend to," I spit out and turned to the dean who had his curious eyes on us and lips set into a thin line.

"Charles, can I have a few minutes with my daughter?" the sinister voice asked. Ignoring what I just said.

"That's unnecessary,"

The Dean waves his hand dismissively, spinning in his swivel chair," Of course. I'll give you space,"

Once the door was locked behind him, I grew aware of the current situation. My eyes roam over the spacious room avoiding his penetrative gaze, he can suck it!

" Let's cut to the point," I snap at him looking at the watch attached to the wall. I'm giving him two minutes and we're done. 

"I was in town doing some business and I ran into Pablo," he says 

I swallowed thickly as I gazed at my father who took slow steps to where I was stood. I didn't move back. I didn't want to show any fear.

"That's none of my concern,"

He chuckles," It is. Since he informed me you two met."

I avoid his gaze looking down to my shoes," Yes we spoke. He's part of my past and I don't plan on reconciliation with him,"

"That's a you problem since we're invited to their annual ball. I'll be there and so are you."

"Fucking no! I'm not stepping foot in that snobby place," I yelled pointing my finger at him as frustration crinkled in my eyes. I was still not ready to deal with my fathers' line of work and the people it brought by. All the guns and blood they worshipped made me sick, it was deranged. They are deranged.