The call

"Spark, c'mere" I heard my brother yell

"Hold on, I'm comin"

My parents had passed away a few years ago when I was about 12. So it is me and my older brother who turns 19 in 5 days, so we are working on the adoption process!

Tulsa is a town with nothing to do as well as bipolar weather. So with not really many people my age around I make my own entertainment.

I really enjoy reading in my spare time. I also love hockey, but as I live in a state with hot weather I can't really practice outside so it's skating around town for me.

I usually don't have to worry about practicing because the nearest rinks end shift, Eddy Monroe, is one of the only two people I talk to, so I can get in after hours and practice which is nice!

As I'm heading to the kitchen I stop In front of the picture of my parents hanging on the wall. I fix my posture and smile at them.

I don't really resemble my parents at all except for my eyes and height, my dad has green eyes and really tall, and same with me. That is the only resemblance I see. Waylen says that I took on their personalities.

"Hey spark, it's for you" Waylen says holding up the phone

I walk over and take the phone from him,

"Hello, Astin speak-"

I was cut off

"Hiya Astin, we've seen you play and we have an opportunity for you to come and join some other kids and play on the countries hockey team for the junior Olympics!"

"Uhm, who is this?" As confused as I was this didn't sound fake
"Oh I'm sorry, Don Tibbles from Hendrix hockey apparel"

"So what do you say?"

I looked over at Waylen to see him shrug and smile

"What is the schedule?"

"tomorrow! I will pick up you and a few other kids from out of state and head to Minnesota!"

Out of state? Would Waylen be okay? I looked over at him and he just smile and nodded

"What time are the flights?"

"12:30pm!" He responded

"Well then I guess I better get packing"

A little more back and forth and the line went dead.

"ASTIN IS GOING TO PLAY HOCKEY ON A NATIONAL LEVEL!!!" My brother screamed

I laughed and headed down the hallway to my room.

Me and Waylen have a very small home. As I said our grandma has custody currently but doesn't have the space for us to live with her in her apartment so we have out own small 2 bedroom house!

I got into my room, grabbed my hockey bag and my dads old Oklahoma City Blazers Jersey. I headed out the door

"Tell Eddy I said hi!" Waylen yelled at me

I gave him a thumbs up and skated on my way to the rink. The closest rink to us was about 30 minutes by foot a little quicker with skates.

I made it to the rink and walked in, I was enveloped by the icey air and smell of mint, courtesy of eddy for always keeping it nice in there.

I usually plan my arrivals at 8:30. Thirty minutes before closing time so I have time to get dressed and back out without anyone knowing I'm still here.

"Goose! Hiya! Hurry up and change I got to tell you something!" Eddy had practically screamed

I chuckled and walked towards the locker rooms.