Ch 4

3 years later....

Duvey, Louisiana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan winters was a young man with short blonde hair, pale skin, and baby blue eyes. He was the fine example of Hitler's perfect Aryan race if one were look at him.
Right now he was driving on a single road to the current location of his brother in law: Ben Cooper.

Three years Ben had been missing, presumably dead. But one day when Ethan got home from work he received a video recording from Ben. Confused to why Ben would want him to keep Mia away from Louisiana. Mia was depressed from Ben's reported death and had been slowly recovering. So, not wanting to hurt Mia, Ethan didn't tell her about the message and headed out to find Ben, telling his wife he was on a business trip.

Ethan came to a stop and parked his car infront of a trail through the swampy area. Turning the car off, Ethan got out and closed the door. He rolled up the sleeves of his white dress shirt and huffed.

"Alright Ben, time to bring you home." Ethan said as he started to walk down the trail. He swatted some mosquitoes that circled him and came up to a old gate with vines wrapped around it. Beyond the gate was an old mansion that had lost it's color. Ethan grabbed the gate's bars and tried to open it. The gate would not open because of the lock around the middle.
"Maybe there's another way in."

Ethan noticed another path leading away from the gate and decided to follow it. Ethan had a feeling he was being watched by something as he walked down the trail, dead twigs and leaves snapping beneath his feet. Ethan stopped as a man walked infront of him. The man didn't seem to notice Ethan as he walked out of sight.

"Sir!" Ethan called out as he walked towards the man's spot. "Sir! I need help- what the?" Ethan ask, seeing the man was nowhere in sight. The place the man walked towards was nothing but a steep hill, Ethan would have surely heard the man if he climbed up the hill. Believing he was imagining things, Ethan continued on the path.

Ethan eventually came up to a van parked beside the trees with vines wrapped around it. Curious, Ethan decided to open the door of the abandoned van and saw a small magazine on one of the seats and grabbed it.

"Sewer Gators?" Ethan asked as he read the heading of the magazine. On the front was a group of men who claimed to paranormal investigators. "Isn't this the show Ben loves so much?"

Ethan book the magazine back and walked through an open gate to a small part of the mansion. Ethan climbed in through a open window into the building. The inside was dirty and looked as if no one had occupied the place. Ethan walked around the room, a kitchen if the sink and old fridge was anything to go by. There seemed to be another area of the house, but the path was flooded by dark grey water. Ethan dropped down into the water and began to walk through it. Ethan ducked under a piece of wall that fell down to the other side.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Ethan shouted as a body floated to the top of the water. It looked like a man, his face nearly mauled off and skin was a sick green. Ethan nearly high tailed and run away, but he remembered the 'Sewer Gators' van. "It's probably a prompt." He told himself as he past by the corpse.

Ethan went into the room as he got out of the water and saw a cage. In it was none other than Ben Cooper, who laid on the bed and was sound asleep. Ethan jogged towards the cage's door and noticed it was tied with a chain and lock. On the ground around the lock, was broken lockpicks and knives.

"Ben!" Ethan called out, shaking the door to make more noise. Ben shaked his head as he sat up. "Ben over here!"
Ben opened his eyes and looked at Ethan with shock before jumping off the bed and towards the door.