The Night Shift [04]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙇𝙪𝙫 -𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙅𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨

A/N: SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER. THE SONG IS FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE CHAP!

                                                        ~

Insistent rain pounded against your bedroom window and you pulled the covers down in confusion. Wasn't it flooding it down with heat just yesterday? Perhaps the thunderstorm was compensation for it. Stilling for a second, you realised the house was eerily quiet, save for the rain colliding with your home. You wondered where Dionne had gotten to before remembering that she had an early meeting with a patient. You stretched out, feeling too well rested for a school week before you glanced at your alarm clock.

 "Shit!" You gasped as your eyes almost ruptured, reading the figure on the cursed machine.

 You scrambled out of your bed, half stumbling, half crawling as you raced to the bathroom. Would you even have enough time to shower? There was no chance you were going to make it if you walked and besides, it was raining too hard. Grabbing your toothbrush, you squeezed out a large amount of striped, minty, paste. You ran it over the surface of your teeth whilst trying not to scream out due to the helplessness of your situation.

Maybe, if you hadn't gone out with Eren and had spent that two hours out with him, you would have done your History homework at an earlier hour and gotten to bed on time. But, it was one of those things that were inevitable. You had layed there, on the hood of his car, discussing flights of fancy. Well, you had more of chattered on about unimportant nothingness and he had listened. He hasn't asked questions, he had just layed there, diligently listening to you as if you were the Messiah- preaching  of better days and hopeless fantasies.

Thinking of it just made you warm. It was nice to talk and have no one say anything about it. You were more of a listener in yours and Mikasa's conversations and she wasn't really one to entertain stupid and ludicrous conversations. Spitting out your foam, an idea suddenly sprung to mind. What if Mikasa gave you a lift? You darted back into your bedroom, snatching up your phone from our bedside table. You immediately called her, leaving the phone on speaker as you raced over to your wardrobe.

 "Hello?" Her naturally deep voice called out.

 You wriggled on a dark grey cable-knit sweater, rummaging around for your jeans in your ottoman, that was placed at the foot of your bed.

 "Yeah? Mikasa, I overslept! Can you and Levi perhaps make a quick stop at my house, I can't walk because of the storm." You begged.

 The was a rustle of plastic and you realised that she was probably eating a breakfast bar.

 "Sorry babe, no can do. Levi dropped me off an hour early, he has an investigation he's dealing with. Just skip." She replied, crunching a mouthful of cereal.