Hunter Hunted [41]

𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝘽𝙚 𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙔𝙤𝙪- 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙅。 𝘽𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙚

This song and eren and y/n. It captures the more toxic aspects of them 😇

Tw: violence and stalking

                                                     ~

Sleep didn't come. You patiently waited, as astute as child waiting for Father Christams to come shuffling down the chimney, for the hands of Sleep to arrive. You patiently waited for them to gently lift you from the bedsheets and take you into the secret world of the subconscious. You heard it was quiet there, away from the ringing of gunshots and the trauma of abuse. You heard it was an escape, an escape from the stench of blood that plagued your nostrils and the metallic odour of the bullets. You heard it was a sanctuary, a place that saved those who had lost their hearts.

Sleep didn't come because every time you shut your eyes, you saw Sasha's bleeding body. You saw those streaks of crimson staining her pretty dress. You saw the alarm in those eyes. Was she still alive? What was Nicolo doing? There you were, being jealous of their happiness, wishing it was you with a lover and now you were the direct reason that one of them could possibly never breathe again. You hadn't meant to hurt Sasha. You hadn't meant to hurt Jean or Eren. But if so, how did those you loved always end up being hurt by you?

You had expected to come back to Sina and have smooth sailing, build a friendship or two, make some grades and get to university. You did not want to be entangled in this, you did not want to live with the sight of guns clouding your vision every time you closed your eyes. How had it come to this?

The first tendrils of light crept around your curtains, it was coming to some minutes to six and you laid completely still, as if you were a doll put to rest in a toy box. You didn't mind swapping a toy box for a coffin at this point. More tears ran down to your ears, due to your position, and you swallowed thickly. 

You wondered how many hours of sleep you gotten. Your eyes felt dry despite the endless waterfall streaming out of them and your body felt heavy. You had come home at some minutes past one and Dionne didn't exactly ask about what had happened with Marco. If you were being honest, she didn't even try to hide the fact she wasn't his biggest fan. Secretly, she was glad you hadn't gone to some fancy hotel with him.

On the topic of Dionne, she had also been dismissive with you as well as Marco. As much as she really was trying, this whole parenting gig just simply wasn't cut out for her. That small week away had done her wonders and sometimes it felt a little like she still believed she was free of responsibility over you. Despite that, you were still grateful for the fact she was feeding you and housing you, keeping you company in the moments you felt most alone. Several times had the thought of simply knocking on her bedroom door and coming clean crossed your mind. She was a therapist after all. But, you severely doubted that a woman who was usually was bound to giving couples new ways to spice up their marriage would be any help with the trauma of watching someone get shot.