chapter 7

Jane pov

I waited the whole day for this moment, I couldn't just break in at least not in broad day light, so I patiently waited for it to get dark and quiet..and now it is...

I slowly eased myself through the window and into the dark and quiet living room, the only noise available was a little humming sound coming from the refrigerator, other than that, nothing else could be heard..

Now I have one mission in mind, see Sarah and get the fuck outta here before Sam or any other person see's me..

I looked around the living room, it was quite a big house, I'll describe it as Sarah's dream house..I looked around the living room before spotting some pictures, I couldn't help myself, I walked closer to it and picked it up, I was instantly met with a happy Sarah..Her wedding dress as beautiful as ever, and sam who's arm was snaked around her waist..I wish I was there for her, I wish I hadn't miss the happiest day of her life..I wish I could turn back the hands of time..I wish I had never met Derek...

The whole living room instantly lit up in light and I froze on the spot as a gasp emitted from whoever was infront of me..

I slowly looked up from the picture and it was my turn to gasp as my eyes came in contact with Sarah..Her teenage years were gone..but she still looked beautiful nonetheless..Her eyes immediately got glossy, her mouth hunged open, she couldn't believe it was me..my eyes started to tear up..I didn't know what to say,..Where do I began?

She stumbled back and quickly held into the couch, to support herself..I couldn't do it, I couldn't say a word, i dont know what to say, I couldn't form words in my head..so I did what was best..in a blink of an eye I went out the window and without looking back I ran to my car and sped up..

My hands tightened on the wheel as choked sobs came out..

This is what I have to suffer..he did this to me..and the next time I see him..

I'm pulling the fucking trigger

----

I stepped into my house and went straight to the small bar in my living room, I poured for myself a glass of whiskey and gulped it as fast as I could enjoying the burn as it travelled down my throat, my eyes were already pink and puffy from crying, my knuckles were slightly scratched and bloody from repeatedly hitting my steeringwheel...right now I hate myself, I hate him...

A small thud caught my attention and immediately I fell silent..my eyes swept across the room..my instincts telling me that I was not alone..my hands immediately went to the back of my jeans where my gun was tucked, I drew it out and clicked off the safety, before pointing it ahead of me, my eyes and ears are alert, looking  and listening for any movement of any sort, my living room was still partly dark giving predators enough leverage to hide and sneak around..

The smallest movement was made behind the curtain in my living room and instantly caught my attention, I turned towards it and slowly stalked closer to it...I was careful not to make any sounds, I can't afford to alert the predator..he can't know I'm unto him..finally getting to the curtain I drew it open immediately only to find behind it empty..i closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh of relief before dropping my hands..and that's when the cold barrel of a gun was pointed to my head..and instantly my while body went rigid....

Without giving my attacker time to act..I turned on my heels and knocked the gun out of his hands, only this time it was a woman...

A very smart woman who was quick enough to draw about a knife immediately, and repeated swung it my way, this is where I put all my training to practice..I quickly dodged her attempts to hit..She swung it over my head and immediately I bent down and sent a punch to her stomach resulting in her clunching unto it..I used that little opening to grab the knife from her hands and in a flick of a finger I slit her throat with her own weapon and watched as she fell limp and dead on the ground..I stared at her body and she bled on my floor..laboured breaths escaped me..

And at the same time a loud clap...

"Well done"...