Souja- Chapter 2

Souja

Chapter 2

Today though, was special because only this morning the Violet Skye which was one of the flagships that Salgria Shipping had- docked this morning and had been unloading its cargo all day. And there was one particular sailor you were hoping you'd meet again tonight. Because just looking at that ship had his face popping into your head and kept a small, secret yet excited smile on your face and had you grateful you were working tonight because the chances of him coming into Souja Tavern tonight were high.

You had slaved over this stew all day, making sure it would taste perfect. Rich and hearty, flavorful and comforting. You had made it especially good because you had invested in a robust and flavorful wine aged in a bourbon barrel at Fitsdale's bigger and more famous winery that was closer to Dunbower, across Fitsdale. Even though all the stews and soups you made were good. Just for the chance that he would come in- you wanted this to be one of your better ones. And it was the wine that really brought the stew to a new height of delicious as everyone who tasted it in the kitchen raved how it was one of the best ones you had made to date which made you happy because hopefully the object of your thoughts would think the same. And he'd always want to come back for more.

It was an hour before dinner would be served and you heard a ruckus of the doors practically slamming open. And the chorus of new customers as they greeted the barkeep and ordered the drink of their choice and a plate of supper as the clattering of huge stainless steel plates and bowls echoed through the place as the new customers eagerly clammered for them, eagerly handing over thier coins to pay for them. As the barkeep were picking up all the coins and quickly filled up the coin sacks behind the bar, the barkeep sorting which coins belonged in which bags.

All of the larger guests especially were eagerly grabbing their huge bowls and plates the size of platters that were specifically made and designed for orcs and the bigger folks in mind while the smaller folk happily got their own smaller plates to suit their smaller sizes. But they would filled just as heaping, along with a set of silverware, also stamped out of stainless steel.

Thanks to industrialization that had come to Fitsdale recently- became cheap and easy to aquire that was easy to clean and easy to make and almost impossible to break and not poisonous the way lead plates and utensils could be and held up to the tougher wear and tear pretty well. Even for the more heavy handed individuals.

Which most of these customers tonight were orcs because the vast majority of the ships in port right now belonged to Salgria Shipping. And the Salgrias were orcs themselves and preferred to hire and keep orcish crews. And in your opinion, no harder or more loyal or honorable worker could be hired than an orcish one. Orcs had codes of honor and behaved very well both on and off the ships. Or at least all the ones that Salgria Shipping hired.

And not a single Salgria Shipping orc found thier way onto the Pulp List. Which was a special list that meant that if you were ever seen on Souja property, you had a standing order to be beaten to a pulp. Thus the name of the list. And you had to be a particularly awful person to even get on this list. But not a single person on that list was going to be coming tonight. They all knew better than to even try.

These Salgria Shipping sailors especially- always appreciated the durability of the dishes, the very generous portions of the excellent food. If not the friendliness of the staff, the prettiness of the women and the handsomeness of the men and everything in between. And especially the warm welcoming service and often remarked that coming into Souja Tavern was like coming to a home away from home. And always the home of a friend. And the feeling was shared by all who came into the place and the staff here at Souja Tavern who knew most of these guests by name.