7-1 (P)

"Wow, you're buying me food, too? I figured you forgot all about me by now."

Percy grimaced a bit, ashamed. "I'm sorry, Zo." He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and tugged her closer to him as they walked. "Work and this project have really been eating my ass."

"And Annabeth?"

"She hasn't eaten my ass, no."

Zoë shoved him, bursting out a laugh. "Sometimes I wish I wasn't friends with you."

"Your loss."

"Dick."

"Phallus."

She snorted. "You're literally twenty eight. Act like it."

"Nah, I'm good."

Crossing the street, the two arrived at their destination. Panda Express. Percy reached out and held the door open for her as they walked in. Shortly after, the two of them sat down with oodles of food between them.

"Is it bad to get Panda right after we just worked out?"

"No," Percy answered after he swallowed a hefty bite of General Tso's. "It's still protein and whatnot."

"Among other things," she said, but continued to scarf it down. She pointed her fork at him. "So, how's your project going?"

"Pretty good. I have two probable designs, but I think I'm gonna go with the second because it fits London architecture better, but there's also elements and influences from other places. A lot of it is internal though, and I'm basically tryna show off how we're an international company."

"All of this seems kinda over the top for an office building. But then again I know nothing."

"No, you're right. I'm thinking it'll appeal to Zeus more. He's always had a flair for dramatics."

"Big time."

"I still need my 3D model, but Leo can do that in like a day so I'll text him about that soon..." He went on for a bit longer about logistics when he noticed the look she was giving him. "Oh, my bad, I'm rambling."

"No, no, I kinda like it when you ramble about something intelligent for once." Zoë laid her chin atop her interlocked fingers. "But I'm glad to hear it's going well."

"Yeah. So how's the hubby?"

Percy smiled seeing her face light up.

"He's good," she gushed. "He got promoted the other day and we went out to celebrate at Rao's, can you believe that?"

He laughed. "It's crazy how we went to highschool across the street from that place without knowing how high class a restaurant it was."

"I know, right? That's exactly what I told him so I think he's been planning it for a while."

"He's so fuckin' smart," Percy said blankly, but his lips were twitching.

Zoë giggled and swatted his arm. "Shut up." Her smile dimmed a bit as she became more contemplative. "So there's something I actually wanted to talk to you about."

"Okay," he said slowly. "What's up? You alright?"

"Better than alright." He watched as she pushed backward on the chair and pressed a hand low on her abdomen. Wait, wait—"I'm... pregnant."

Percy's eyes flared wide as he shot to a stand, sending his chair toppling back with a slam. "Are you serious?! Don't play around right now! You're serious? Holy shit, you're actually serious."

He should probably never be allowed to say the word 'serious' ever again.

Everyone in the restaurant turned to look at him, but Percy paid them no mind. His palms slapped loudly on the table, wobbling his drink dangerously. Zoë hissed his name but the laughter in her voice was unmistakable. With a tug, he gathered her up in a fierce embrace.