8-1 (P)

Percy was having the most amazing week.

Zoë's OBGYN said she was around four weeks along and perfectly healthy, Annabeth agreed to be his date to the party, and he'd noogied Leo so hard the elfish little hobgoblin lost a couple hairs, and probably brain cells, when he asked him to make his 3D models.

Life was good.

So much so that he barely even argued with his clients when haggling prices. He allowed most of them something near the minimum the company allowed for a contract, and honestly in the long run, it would probably make them recurring customers anyway. A win-win. It seemed like everything was going well.

Right now, he was out suit shopping with Zoë for the party. Truth be told, he hated blazers and jackets. They always felt either too constricting or hung off him weirdly, and sometimes the sleeves were a smidge too long, at least the ones off the rack. That was why he never wore them to work unless Chiron specifically instructed him to.

So Zoë had the brilliant idea of getting a few custom ones made. He'd gone along with it, never wanting to splurge on something like that before, but this time he had a hot date to impress. Nothing was too much.

"Hold still, please." The short Italian guy (that sort of reminded him of professor Flitwick) holding the tape measure was probably fed up with all his fidgeting. "Wingspan, 73 inches... waist, 34... inseam, 30.35 inches..."

And then he started measuring the circumference of his thigh.

At Percy's pained look, Zoë laughed loudly with her head thrown back as he glared at her. He was forced to remain still while she took embarrassing pictures of him. He let out a rueful sigh; those would probably be all over her story.

Thankfully, they had wrapped up shortly after. As the two of them were leaving, Percy felt his phone vibrate.

Bananabeth 🍌 (7:13 p.m.)

My dress is red

[Image0: a color palette of the exact shade of Annabeth's dress]

He smiled and walked back into the store.