𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

───────────

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘮𝘺𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘮𝘺𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺."

𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 Aesira learned not to wander carefree in the corridors of the mansion. The aura surrounding her ancestral home was long gone and the once polished floors had dull patches that none of the servants had the strength to repair, or perhaps lacked the courage.

She avoided the main corridors so as not to encounter the shady figures who came to visit her mother during the day, some even in the middle of the night. Once she made that mistake and the experience left her with more nightmares than fond memories.

Calantha had never given a clear answer as to who those figures were, but it had never seemed necessary to justify her actions to a child, her daughter. "They're not anyone you need to worry about." Sometimes the answer was accompanied by a wrinkled nose and pursed lips, the lowered eyebrows casting a shadow that made her amber eyes seem even brighter.

Over the years you learn many things. Aesira learned very early not to ask many questions. Her curiosity was so great, too much someone could say (not her mother's exact words).

Why had the servants suddenly become few? Why were they so scared? Why weren't her tutors able to look her in the eyes? Why didn't they go to visit other villages as they did in the past? Why did the atmosphere seem so strange? Why didn't anyone want to answer her questions?

(Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?)

The servants trembled at the very thought of meeting her mother. The tea was served by a young fae girl. One day she made a mistake, Aesira could still remember the smell of tea spilled on the ground, her mother's screams of indignation as she tried to cover her ears. She never saw that girl again, nor did the other servants know what happened to her.

Aesira started bringing the tea from that day on.

She thought her mother was a burden to the entire Court. Slowly sucking the life out of her surroundings. Aesira didn't really know what to make of her mother, her entire being. She was confused by the woman, but at the same time she needed her for some strange reason, she needed her approval. Her powers were considered invaluable and her mother seemed to take every advantage of this. "You have to practice or you will never live up to your father's expectations."