Jungkook carefully sealed the envelope addressed to the law firm representing ‘Party A.’

He could only hope that the mail would take several days to reach them, even though deep down he knew it was probably the opposite. Inside it was his very cautiously worded letter in which he requested more information to support Party A’s request.

The past couple of days had made it easy to put the whole matter out of Jungkook's head. He had been busy taking care of his guest - keeping his rooms tidy and clean, providing his meals for him and shamelessly enjoying his company while doing so.

And then there was Haru, who was growing and changing daily, he could hear him gurgling happily through the monitor. He’d left him on his play mat in the sitting room while he dashed to the office to get the envelope.

Yes, it was a busy life and he loved it. 

Jungkook didn’t want to lose it.

He had an appointment in mid-morning with Min Yoongi to see if he could get a better idea of where he stood in this whole mess. Yoongi had been more than happy to make time to see Jungkook when he'd called and loosely explained his situation.

Now, something that had filled Jungkook with dread was not so scary after all, Yoongi said he'd be happy to advise, ‘pro bono,’ brought much-needed relief.

Jungkook started to put the envelope in his handbag, walked straight into the solid wall of muscle that was Kim Taehyung, its contents flying in one direction, the envelope to the other.

Jungkook reached out, while strong warm fingers closed around his upper arms, his hands coming to rest on a broad expanse of Taehyung’s chest, the fine cotton of the other’s shirt doing little to hide the definition of lean muscle behind it. He could smell the clean scent of Taehyung, the slightly spicy tang of his cologne, a subtle fragrance that was purely him, a hint of dominance in its musk and is intoxicating as hell.

Jungkook's breathing became uneven as he looked up into his guest’s eyes.

Eyes that were dark, stormy and bored deep into Jungkook's own.

For a crazy second, Jungkook almost thought he was going to kiss him.

The thought filled Jungkook with both terror and intrigue.

What would Kim Taehyung taste like?

How would his lips feel on him?

And then the moment was gone, Taehyung’s eyes became cooler, remote, he gently set the young host far away from him.

He must have been imagining things.

Maybe even wanting things a little too much. 

Jungkook forced himself to look away, to collect the scattered contents of his bag just as the others were doing the same.

“Sorry,” he said, Jungkook's voice was a little rough around the edges, “I was distracted. I didn’t see you.”

“No, it’s my fault, I should have knocked before coming in.”

Taehyung’s long-fingered hands closed over the envelope, Jungkook saw him hesitate a moment before passing it to him.

Did he recognize the name of the firm on the front of the envelope?

Did he wonder what he was doing by sending mail to them?

Jungkook gave himself a mental shake.

What would he care about anyway?

Whatever Jungkook's legal business, it had nothing to do with him.

He finished stuffing his things into the bag, suddenly very aware of his guest and how close he stood, “D-did you want me for something?” he stuttered, drawing in another breath of his scent before stepping backwards.