Chapter 13: Memories

Third Person Pov:

"Memories are important, they're forever

"Memories are important, they're forever."

~~~~~~~~

Months have passed since Y/n was affected by poison. Shinobu tried her hardest to find a cure for Y/n during that time. She's gotten close several times. It seemed as though she gets closer everyday. Soon, it'll be finalized.

As for Tanjirou and Kanao, they've had their fair share of hard days during those months. But unfortunately we're not getting into that yet.

During the past few months, Y/n was living in her memories. It's to keep her mind and body distracted while Shinobu made a cure for her. So until Shinobu's done, in her memories she'll stay.

What memories? Let's see.

*Memory*

"Amari. Wanna come with me?"

Y/n asks the boy after they had finished final selection and was told they could go home.

She had remembered a conversation they had while they were fighting demons together. He said, he didn't know what to do while they wait for their swords because he doesn't have  place to live.

Amari looks over to Y/n surprised. "Really?"

"I'm not repeating myself." Y/n says as she looks away. "I'm sure my Mr. Akio will take you in. He's a kind man who helps people. He helped me."

Amari stares at the brown girl for a moment before smiling. "Sure."

"Give me your hand." Y/n demands as she stares at him. He gives her a confused look and she sighs. "Just give me your hand, moon boy."

"Yes ma'am."

The two walk hand in hand to Akio's home. Whenever Amari asked her why she needed to hold his hand when he could've followed her perfectly fine. She'd just say,

"You're worrying about the wrong thing."

While the two were walking, Amari decided to ask a question. Not just any question, one he's been wondering for a while.

"Why do you call your father, Mr. Akio instead?"

"Well, I-" She paused, not knowing how to answer the question.

She never had an actual reason, she just never called him anything other then Mr. Akio for someone. It's not that she didn't see him as a father figure, truthfully, she really did. It just seemed strange and weird to suddenly call him such. Although, there has been times where she almost had.