Quidditch

Freia sat in the Great Hall in her clean Quidditch robes. The team was gathered around her happily munching their way through a pre-game breakfast.

"Okay, second match of the season," Freia began, "weathers a bit crap but otherwise we're in a good place."

The team nodded in agreement. They were a strong team; most having done at least two years on the team already. Freia felt confident in them.

"The Slytherin versus Ravenclaw match set a precedent for the season. I'm worried Gryffindor might follow in a similar vein to Slytherin's violent tactics," she said with a frown.

"Oh, are we calling cracking a seekers head open with a bludger violent?" Michael asked, dryly.

"Exactly. Michael and Laura need to stay near Cicely and Connor. We can stand to lose a few chasers but not a keeper or seeker," Freia explained.

"Glad that our safety is so important to you," one of the chasers joked.

"Is that our priority too?" Laura asked. "Aim for their keeper and seeker?"

Laura was Freia's closest friend, they'd united over their love of Quidditch, and Laura had surprised everyone after being chosen as beater for the Hufflepuff team in only her third year, because she was so small. Freia liked it from a captain's standpoint – she was overlooked as a threat, leaving other teams open for attack.

"Yes. Although, I would quite like to see James thrown from his broom," Freia said, thinking back to when she'd threatened James with that very thing.

"Oh? Did something happen with you and James? When you spent the night in the marauder's dormitory, by chance?" Laura said, with a smirk.

The rest of the team chuckled. It had spread around the school like Fiendfyre that she'd spent the night in the Gryffindor boy's dorm after someone saw her leaving the common room early in the morning.

"Can we not," Freia said with a sigh.

"Yes, certainly, because it couldn't be him, since he's with Lily. So, Remus? Sirius? Remus is more your speed in the bookish way, but Sirius had that flower in his hair..."

"Let's keep discussing the match, shall we."

"Is it Peter? Is that why you're embarrassed?"

Freia groaned, placing her head on the table, ignoring the laughter around her. When it finally settled, she lifted her head back up, eyeing them as if asking if they were finished.

"Yes, well. Let's just win this match, alright," she said.

***

Sirius was looking forward to the match, although he was loath to admit it. Whenever anyone mentioned it, James practically vibrated with enthusiasm. He did, however, get decked out in full face paint and Gryffindor attire - his house pride overcoming his love of black for the time being.

"Welcome, everyone to the first Gryffindor and Hufflepuff matches of the year!" The commentator announced, dramatically. The stands erupted in shouts and cheers.

"A very good line up from both teams. Gryffindor has Head Boy Potter as Captain, playing chaser. McDonald as chaser. Meadows as chaser. The beaters are McKinnon and Abbot. Keeper is Bell and seeker is Nettles"

The Gryffindor team did a lap around the stadium and everyone in Gryffindor cheered again.

"A good team. A good team. Has more seventh year players than Hufflepuff, but Hufflepuff's team has been together longer. They always said those Hufflepuff's were loyal. Oh, and here they are now..."