Chapter 2

The man was people watching, something quite normal to find someone doing. Knowing what I've read, he isn't just doing that... no. He's remembering everything about you; your face, style, personality, traits, stature, age, job, everything and anything that could be useful for him in anyway. That fact always kept us on our toes.

  He wore a simple jumpsuit, his hair neatly combed back and posture perfect. I knew that if I ever met him outside of this place in a normal scenario I too would probably never suspect his want for human flesh. We had all read that he was rather good at manipulation, amongst other things.

  That was what made him one of the most wanted men in America. He killed people so easily I wondering if he even had any remorse in him.

  My train of thought was interrupted by my friend.

"Hey, Y/N," Sawyer was nervous, his hands shaking.

"Don't tell me you got cold feet?" I took the notebook and pencil from his hand so he wouldn't drop it.

"Heh, n-no, not really," he became flustered from embarrassment.

"Here, take this," I fished out a small fidget toy from my bag and handed it to him.

"Thanks," he gingerly took the toy.

   Now back to my train of thoughts...

He was scanning the area, I was as well. But not for the same purpose. I could be considered as the guard dog or something of the group. Hence why I usually got Stephanie out of trouble when she had a problem even she couldn't even fix. And Stephanie was a pretty capable person.

I turned my attention back to the iron bars that trapped the sophisticated man. I must have been staring for too long or spaced out because the blue eyed man finally made eye contact with me.

Upon realizing he was looking at me I offered a soft smile and did a subtle wave, as to not attract unwanted attention. I received a kind smile and curt nod from the cannibal. I felt compelled to say something anything, but I didn't. He couldn't hear me anyway. I was far across the room.

  But something caught my attention. Not the handsome cannibal. No. A scared female voice non other than Stephanie. My heart skipped a beat, eyes widened, and nostrils flaring from anger and disgust. Unknown to me, the cannibal cocked an eyebrow in amusement and interest.

   That bastard Chilton was harassing my friend, harassing her to the point that I could hear her voice crack from fear, probably tears welling in her eyes. This wasn't the first time Stephanie had dealt with harassment. She survived being sexually assaulted and a near kidnapping. She was a real warrior, no matter if she broke down sometimes or was weak.

   I located my friend and stormed over to tell Chilton to piss off. He would understand right here and now to never, and I mean NEVER, mess with my friends or so help me! I will beat the ever living shit out of you.