Chapter 7

"I know you like human flesh," I started a new question, "but is there another meat you prefer? Such as your second favorite?"

It went on like that for a bit, with me asking Dr. Lecter questions. And him answering them, whether his answers were the truth or just a lie I would not know for he was a smooth and experienced lier.

"It appears our time is up, Dr. Lecter," I stopped the audio recorder and stood up.

"It appears so," Hannibal didn't even need to look at a clock or watch, he was keeping track of the time in his head, "I'll be seeing you soon, my dear."

It wasn't a question. No. He knew I would come back. But not because I had some strange feelings or butterflies in my stomach from him, we were all given the choice to come back the next day and ask more questions.

My group liked the idea, but after today some weren't too thrilled anymore to talk to the cannibal the next day. My time with Dr. Lecter went better than expected, and so I was planning on coming tomorrow. Though I hadn't told him, he just was able to guess.

"And you as well," I said my goodbyes and left with my group.

  I failed to notice the smirk that graced his aging face when I turned my back. I didn't realize I was the last one. It turned out that Stephanie was still shaken by the previous events and would rather not talk to Dr. Lecter. She would just study about him for the assignment through articles and journals or whatever else she could find.

But her not going after me meant more time, I hadn't realized I got to talk to him for twice the amount of time I was given, how lucky I was. Though I still felt bad for Stephanie.

When I got back to my dorm room I played back the audio so that I could start writing down what he said to me. I was sure to get a higher grade if I studied as much as I could. Perhaps I'll get even more time tomorrow since more of my classmates backed out? Maybe I'll even score bonus points or something for being the bravest of the bunch to talk to a criminal twice and for a long period of time. Stephanie should get an exception.

Just as I was thinking about Stephanie, she came into our shared dorm room. She heard Dr. Lecter's voice from the recorder and shuddered as she walked in. I stopped the recording and gave her my full attention.

"His voice even spooks me," she nervously laughed.

"If he wasn't some bad guy or whatever," I smirked at her, "I might dare say his voice was soothing."

A pillow was thrown at my face, causing me to land flat on my bed with a thud.

"Of course you'd say something like that!" She laughed.

"Oh, come on!" I protested playfully, "you know me!"

"Yeah yeah, you like your men like you like your wine..." she shook her head in mock disappointment.

"Aged!" I finished the sentence.

"Hah, you and I are two very different people."

"But wouldn't it be absolutely boring if we were both two of one kind?" I rolled onto my back.

"Obviously," she remarked.

I threw her pillow back at her.

"How did the questioning go?" Stephanie asked.