O N E

Abby's POV

I walk into the Paddock, crossing multiple garages. All the fans around were going crazy. It's the Monaco GP and there are a lot of people.

The harbor is full of yachts, with all those famous people. "Hey Pierce!" I look in the way the voice came from. "Good morning Diego."

I walk on and see my likely competition for next season, in his garage. Pierre Gasly, one of the Alpha Tauri drivers.

I'm currently driving in F2, Prema Racing, and I've had a few meetings with Franz Tost, Alpha Tauri's principal, about a possible contract for next year.

Pierre is one of the only F1 drivers I've really talked to. "Morning Gasly!" He turned away from his engineer. "Hey Abby, how are you?" He walks out of his garage, toward me. "I'm good, you?" He nodded. "Everything good here."

"Where do you start? I didn't had a chance to watch your quali yesterday." Pierre's mouth turned into a smirk. "Second row." "Good job!" I high-fived him and excused myself.

My race starts at 12 PM, which is in 2 hours. F1 is at 3 PM, so I'll probably stay to watch.

I walk into my room and throw my bag in the corner. I take a water out of the mini fridge and fall down in the chair.

"There's a team of mechanics waiting for you lady." I look over my shoulder and see Diego in the doorway. I look back at my phone and see it's 10:50 AM. "Shit.." Diego laughed. "Well hurry!"

"Should I-" "No you can change after." I nod and run after Diego towards my team, who are already waiting for me in the pit lane.

"Sorry guys, my phone was just way to interesting." Justin, my engineer, rolled his eyes but smiled. 9 out of 10 times I'm late. Just not good with times. "Right." He says and pushed me in front of him and the track walk starts.

When we were done, Diego follows me into my room. "So change and after warm-up massage and stretching." I nod. "Yes sir." He walked away. "AND HURRY!" "YES YES!"

I get myself into my racesuit with a white fireproof shirt underneath it. I pull on my shoes and let the top of my suit hang around my waist.

"Lay down." I do what Diego tells me and lay down on the massage table. He does his work and after I stretch my arms, legs and back.

I walk into my garage and see my baby shining and waiting to go on track. I see my teammate walking around his side of the garage and he seems a little off.

"Den? You okay?" Dennis looks up and send me a smile. "Yes, just a little nervous." "There's no need to. You're in good shape, we'll smash it." He's smile was more confident now.

"Abby Pierce!" I turn to my engineer who's calling my name. He tapped on his watch and I look at the time. "Good luck Dennis. See ya on the podium." We do our little handshake and I go back to my side.

After I put in my earphones and put on my balaclava and helmet, it's time to get in the car. Dennis and I share a thumbs up before getting signed to go out.

"Radio check." "Yes, radio's good." After the formation lab I stop the park in the second place. "Good race Pierce." "Thank you Justin." My focus is fully on the lights when the first goes on.

The lights go out and I had one hell of a start, but Lawson, who started first did too. I was 0.379 seconds behind him. When I get DRS I manage to overtake him and I'm leading my home Grand Prix. "Nice overtake Pierce."

My confidence grows and I brake a little too late in turn 4 but it doesn't give my first place away.

"We're boxing this lap." "Confirm."

I built up a lead of 5.294 seconds when I enter the pits. The pitstop was on fire, 2.1 seconds.
"You'll come out 1 second behind Hauger." "Okay."

I exit the pits and see Dennis in front of me. I tighten my grip on the steering wheel and come closer and closer to my teammate. He broke way too early in turn 5, causing us almost to crash.

"What the fuck is he doing?! Say that he needs to let me pass!" Soon I hear Justin in my ears. "He doesn't want to." "What do you mean he doesn't want to?! You know what never mind."

Lawson had pitted and Dennis was leading now, me second. "Five laps to go, five laps to go, keep pushing." I don't respond and focus. Five laps Abby, we've got five laps to overtake him and win the home Grand Prix.

Lab 77, second-last lab. I'm 0.184 seconds behind Dennis and we're about to go into the DRS zone.

Turn 17, I get DRS and I try to overtake him but we got wheel to wheel as he doesn't give me the space to do so. I loose control over the steering wheel with over 200 km per hour. I let go and throw my arms over my head, but as soon as I hit the wall everything goes black. This wasn't good.

"Abby are you okay?" I can't find the strength to answer. "Abby? Do you he-" Halfway through the sentence it fades away and everything goes blank again.