[24]

Jungkook stares at the clothes on his bed with a frown on his face. He went through his closet to find clothes that would fit the aesthetic he's going for. Something that works for the event he's attending. He took Raina's advice and went for casual but now he feels like it's not enough. That maybe he's underdressing.

He puts his head in his hands and groans in frustration.

"Ugghh. It's not even this complicated. What the hell." He snatches the button up shirt off his bed and puts it on. The black slacks that he puts on next fit his waist snugly without the need for a belt. He pulls out shoes but doesn't put them on yet.

He, first, accessorizes with jewelry. This completes his ensemble. With a few rings donning his fingers, a watch fitted a little snug around his wrist and two thing gold chains around his neck, he's ready for his date.

Jungkook looks at himself in the mirror and feels more nervous than he did ten minutes ago.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Everything's gonna be just fine."

In the house across the yard, Raina stares at herself in the mirror with wide, over-blinking eyes. Is she really about to wear this? The dress feels like a second skin. It's not uncomfortable but it's just... it feels odd for her to be dressed like this.

She thinks that she looks okay.

But what will he think?

Raina turns to the side and looks at herself. She bites the inside of her lip before grabbing her phone. She swallows thickly as she opens the camera. She snaps pictures of herself and looks at them. She swipes through and sees nothing really wrong with them.

It's just the nerves.

She checks the time on her phone and inhales deeply. She grabs her shoes and purse before walking down the stairs. She puts her shoes on at the door as her phone dings.

Kook🕷♥️: I'm outside when
you're ready

Raina looks at the text and then at the door. The only thing stopping Jungkook from seeing her is this giant slab of wood. She inhales a deep breath before unlocking the door. She hesitates to open it and scolds herself.

Just do it and get it over with. It's one night and he'll never see you dressed like this again.

She nods curtly to herself before opening the door. She steps outside and closes it behind her. Jungkook is adjusting the passenger seat for her as she walks over. He hears her shoes against the pavement and his eyebrows twitch. His heart skips in his chest. They don't sound like sneakers.. but they're not heels either.

He turns around and his mouth slowly parts. His heart rate picks up as he takes in the entirety of outfit.

"Oh... wow." He whispers quietly to himself.

" He whispers quietly to himself