Magazine Interview

During Eunchae's Vogue magazine photoshoot, she was asked for an interview with the following questions, here are her responses to each of them.

Q1. What inspired you to become an idol?

"When I was younger, I stayed with my brother and his friends at their apartment and they would watch videos of EXO sunbaenim, Girls Generation sunbaenim and 2NE1 sunbaenim. There was this one time they were watching COME BACK HOME by 2NE1 sunbaenim and that caught my attention. From there, I started honing my time in practising dance and singing."

Q2. Who is your role model?

"I have different role models. For instance, my role model career-wise would be BoA sunbaenim and Sunmi sunbaenim. They're both such inspirational figures that most female idols inspire to be along with HyunA sunbaenim and Girls' Generation sunbaenim. I want to work hard to produce an amazing discography as both of them have. My role model regarding my life would be my mother. She's a loving and hard-working soul that I've looked up to since I was a little girl. She takes notice of the small details and knows how to make someone's day without much effort and I want to be like that one day. If you see this, I love you, mama~"

Q3. If you could go back in time, what would have you told your past self?

"That everything happens for a reason. I wish I knew this when I was a trainee because I trained at JYP for around...7 to 8 years? I switched teams a lot during those times. I first started with the girls' debut team and then I got pulled from the group because I didn't fit the age range the company was looking for, then I joined Stray Kids and made my debut. After my debut, a lot of other things happened. In the beginning, I thought it was my fault all these bad things were happening to me but then my friends told me that saying and now I wish I could tell my past self the same thing."

Q4. Do you think you'd be an idol again in your next life?

"Personally, while I love my job and performing...I don't think I would. I do think I would have thought about working in the same field level, like working as a songwriter or producer. If not, then I think I would pursue my first dream job which was to become a kindergarten teacher since my family had always, and still do, say that I'm good with children. My friends always ask me to help them with babysitting."

Q5. What do you think you'd be doing if you weren't an idol?

"As I said, studying to either become a teacher or majoring in music to become a songwriter or producer. If I was no longer interested in either of those, I think I would've studied criminal studies or something involving crimes because I find that kind of stuff interesting."

Q6. Who's the person you call for when you need a shoulder to lean on?

"I have a lot of people in mind...The first person that came into mind was my best friend from home, Amy. We've known each other forever so she knows me like the back of her hand. If I can't reach her then it's normally Chan oppa or Raehyun that I talk to. Both of them are my best friends here in Korea and I've had many meaningful discussions with either of them now and then."

Q7. Where do you get inspiration from?

"A lot of my inspiration to write songs either come from those who are around me. I have permission to say this publicly to my friends in Australia, but a lot of them are thankful that I write so many songs about love and relationships because it showed them what real love felt like compared to their own experiences. Now, I'm starting, or attempting, to pave into different concepts and genres of music, and my friends are always the spark of my inspiration."

Q8. What is something you'd like to share with the younger generation of idols?

"Something I'd like to say to the younger generation? Have fun! I've seen online a lot about how the new generation cannot have fun at music shows and award shows because they fear being involved in a scandal. It's heartbreaking to see because a large portion of them are still kids. I want them to not have this facade because of fear and just interact with whoever they want and meet new friends. Please, to all my juniors who wish to speak with me, just come up and say hi! I love meeting new people!"

Q9. Which groups are you looking out for?

"Hm, currently I'm looking out for TREASURE because I'm close to most of the members, but I'm also looking out for the girl groups of this generation. Everyone has a lot of potential and I cannot wait to see what they bring in the new year. Everyone fighting!~"