Chapter 2

"Wake up, Katelyn!" I woke up to Ginny jumping on my bed. I rolled over and put my pillow over my head.

"A few more minutes." I moaned.

"You'll be late for class." Hermione told me.

"I don't caaare!" I mumbled into the pillow. Ginny grabbed the pillow and pulled it out of my hand and started hitting me with it.

"Alright, alright. I'm getting up!" I said while I tried to sit up. "Ginny, get off! I'm trying not to get up!" She laughed and jumped off the bed.

***

I searched through my bag, searching for my Potions book.

"Great." I said. "I left my book in the common room."

"You'll be late for class." Hermione said.

"I can't do anything without it." I replied. I laughed. "I can't make a good potion with it. I need to get it." I turned and hurried back to the Gryffindor common room.

Once I had the book, I half walked half ran to the Potions class.

When I opened the door, all faces in the class turned to me.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor." I said, out of breath.

"No worries." he looked around the room, apparently looking for an empty seat. "You can partner with Mister Malfoy." I didn't move. I just stared at him.

"Wait, what." Malfoy said turning to look at Slughorn. "I'm not working with her."

"Yes, you will if you want to pass." Slughorn replied and walked back to the front of the class.

I walked slowly to the table and dropped my things on the floor then took my seat. I pushed my chair as far away from Malfoy as it could get.

"In the time that remains, you will be working with your partners to brew something amusing." Slughorn told the class.

Great, I thought to myself, I don't just have to sit next to Malfoy, I have to work with him.

I glanced at Malfoy and saw he was already working.

"Ya know we're supposed to be working together, right?" I said.

"Yes, but I want to pass this class." he replied without looking at me. "You're terrible at Potions." he mumbled. I glared at him.

"Fine. I didn't want to work with you anyway."

"I'm just as excited about this as you." Malfoy said rolling his eyes.

"You know you love me." I replied. He turned to me for the first time today, glaring at me. Our eyes met and I swear  his face softened a little.

"Mister Malfoy, Miss Summers, you're supposed to be working together." Slughorn called to us.

"Told you." I whispered. He turned to me to shoot me a death glare. I smile innocently. He turns back to the potion, rolling his eyes.

A/N I want to thank everyone who read Chapter 1 and voted!! I will try to update every few days but I have school and sports and stuff. Just stick with me!! This is my first fanfiction so it won't be very good!

~Padfoot