❷➁ s.e

TWENTY-TWO
sydeon._______

_______

❝what sydney didn't realise when she began dating y/n, is that they were basically a human heater

❝what sydney didn't realise when she began dating y/n, is that they were basically a human heater.❞
prompt by..... me

type: romantic
fluff
sydeon
pronouns used: they/them
human heater; where y/n is a human heater, and sydney is half asleep on top of them.

type: romanticfluff sydeonpronouns used: they/themhuman heater; where y/n is a human heater, and sydney is half asleep on top of them

    what sydney didn't realise when she began dating y/n, is that they were basically a human heater. now, this wasn't to say they radiated heat to anyone within twelve feet of them - that would be a lie. and a very big one at that. they did not radiate heat like a hot walking fan, and nor did any other normal human being. but, as sydney lay across the couch on this snowy day, wrapped in multiple blankets (all stolen from around the house, purely for the purpose of heat and comfort) it sure felt as if this lie was nothing but the opposite.

    y/n was hot as hell. in all senses of the word, sydney would argue. their skin, soft and smooth beneath where the blankets were bundled around them, felt warm to the touch. like a just-perfect mug of hot cocoa against the skin of your palm. it filled sydney with warmth, a comfortable feeling in contrast to the chilly air of the living room. (truthfully, it wasn't chilly. but to a cold and sleepy sydney, it was worse than the most glacial ice.)

    sydney hummed a tired breath, lazily snuggling closer to her partner. she smiled against y/n's upper stomach, arms wrapped around their waist like a clingy koala bear. her socked -fluffy colourful socks!- feet hiked further up the couch to tangle with y/n's own. a sigh escaped y/n's mouth, head tilted back contentedly against the soft throw pillows. they reached a hand down to rest on where their girlfriend's upper back would be, palm flat against the knitted overlay syd had gracefully thrown over them. sydney gave another fond hum at the touch, face burrowing deeper into y/n's stomach.

    honestly, y/n was just glad sydney wasn't drooling on them.

    "can we stay like this forever?" the girl in question mumbled adequately. to add on, her hold on y/n tightened, shifting further into the cozy warmth.

    to their own disappointment, y/n answered back with a small smile. "and abandon our jobs and responsibilities?" they laughed, shaking sydney slightly with the movements. "sure, honey. anything for you." y/n gave her a gentle pat with the hand resting above her back, getting a childish whine at the obvious sarcasm. sydney was not amused by this. even as she settled in deeper, frowning confusedly at the others' form. not a bad confusion, more an appreciative confusion.

    "wh- why 're you s' warm?" sydney questioned, voice slurred the more tired she willingly became. it seemed to fade out into the many layers of covering. luckily, y/n seemed to catch the important parts. albeit, before they could respond with their own bouts of puzzled questioning, their dark haired
counterpart spoke up again. "an' comfy. why 'r you so comfy?"

    y/n nearly laughed at this. the childishly upset tone of voice sydney used, a mix of pure perplexion and offence (the audacity y/n had to have in order to be so warm and comfy-), was comical. especially when she was half asleep (three quarters, y/n thinks is more accurate) and more incoherent than not. but that didn't seem to stop the dedication of sydney, fuelled by the realisation that y/n was a human fucking heater-

    "i don't know, syd." y/n shrugged uselessly, only to speak again with a humorous lilt. "guess i'm just built differently," they mused easily, light fingers rubbing circles into sydney's covered back. they felt sydney sigh heavily into their stomach, mouth slightly open. no retort, no snide remark, just blissful silence. so y/n let it be. they stayed quiet, lingering in the open silence like dancing in a field of flowers. they relaxed, peaceful, their head falling back against the velvety throw pillows lining the couch. however, the peace couldn't last for so long.

    "w'ld you rath'r be a zombie 'r a c'nnib'l?" came a sleepy murmur of inquiry from sydney.

    y/n cracked an eye open from where they'd fluttered shut, glaring down at their girlfriend curiously. she did not seem aware of the wandering gaze, nor did she seem to care. the only thing on her mind was zombies and cannibals, apparently. which- where did that even come from? what the fuck-

    "i mean," y/n huffed, staring up at the ceiling as if it would tell all. spoiler alert; it did not. "aren't zombies already, like..." they hesitated, wondering if their logic was correct. "cannibals?" y/n blinked, feeling sydney lightly bang her head down against their chest. it was lazy, with next to no energy, but it held a clear warning of 'just answer the question, and no one will get hurt'. though, y/n doubted sydney could do much in the state she was in. "because they were people, and they eat people... right?"

    grumbling, sydney pouted unseenly. "f'ne. w'ld y' rather be a d'lph'n 'r a sad'st?" sydney spoke, somehow even less coherent this time. truthfully, y/n didn't think that was possible. they weren't even sure they'd heard their girlfriend right. would you rather be a dolphin or a sadist? what correlation could that even possibly have? they were completely unrelated!

    "would i rather be a dolphin... or a sadist?" y/n spoke hesitantly, if only for confirmation. even for clarification. they were only met with a grumpy hum and another headbutt to the chest. they licked their lips, eyes tracing over the ceiling thoughtfully. "i mean - a dolphin? isn't that the obvious option?" queried the more awake of the two.

    "n't to a sad'st." the dark haired girl replied with ease.

    y/n huffed another breath, patting their girlfriend on the back. "oka, it's nap time for you-"

 "oka, it's nap time for you-"

A/N. blake speaks
________________

short chapter and late but whatever!
i wasn't busy, just didn't wanna
write so... 900 words you get :)

lastly, thank you for 8k reads!! that's crazy
if you have any requests (person wise -
or prompt and person wise) comment
them. thanks for all the support <3 hope
you enjoy'd