6: What A Surprise

Camilo's Pov:

This has been going on for weeks now. Everyone is beginning to notice it. No one has seen Mirabel for a long time now. Dolores and I have been trying to find her but no luck. Her door is always closed and she is nowhere to be found. I went out to help the people in town with Isabella. Isabella just doesn't seem to care what happened to Mirabel. I hate Isabella with all my guts but I decided to keep my thoughts to myself. After all, she lost her amor.

I just can't get rid of the thought that Mirabel hasn't dared to speak to me ever since. Does she hate me? I looked at the floor. "Camilo! A bit of help here!" Isabella called me. "Whatever!" I grabbed the basket from her hands, scratching her accidentally. "Camilo! What was that for?!" Isabella showed me her hand. S"ervers a selfish person like you right!" I walked away. Isabella shot vines at me and I jumped, shape shifted, turned back to myself and landed. "Nice try!" I smiled.

Isabella's Pov:

Camilo has been acting like a pain in the ass! Ever since Mirabel hasn't been around, Camilo has been acting different. And not the good type of different. "Camilo! A bit of help here!" I called but Camilo just didn't seem to care. "Whatever!" Camilo came anyway and took the basket scratching me. It left quite the wound on my hand.

"Camilo! What was that for?!" I showed him my hands as blood dripped from the wound. "Servers a selfish person like you right!" I growled as Camilo walked back. I made a a shoot flower vines at Camilo but he jumped up in the air and shape shifted, landing safely. "Nice try!" Camilo smiled. I will never forget that smile. It's was like a had met the devil himself. That smile was fake and cold. He gave the basket back to the civil.

Mirabel's Pov:

Natalia and I were talking about our favourite foods. I told her I had no gift and she seemed to be fine with it! I'm happy she is! "Oh have you tried an Empanada?" I gasped when Natalia said empanada. "Of course I have! It's one of the best snacks ever!" I squealed. "I know right!" Natalia squealed as well.

I looked at my bag remembering I wanted to show Natalia some of dresses I made. "Hey Natalia?" Natalia looked at me with a smile. "Yes?" she questioned. "I made some dresses at home and I was wondering if you would like to see some," I asked shyly. "Of course I would!" Natalia smiled. I took the dresses out and showed her them.

 I took the dresses out and showed her them

"I'm really proud of this one!" I smiled. "I think it could fit you!" I raised the dress up Natalia to see it was a perfect fit. "Yeah your right!" she smiled. "In fact! I want to try it on! Would you mind?" Natalia seems excited to wear on the dress I made for her. "Sure!" Natalia takes the dress carefully and runs in her house. We're not far from her house anyway, just one block. Natalia comes out and she looks amazing. She even managed to attract some people who are interested in buying. "How do I look?" Natalia looked flustered. "Amazing!" I laughed. "Oh now you have to try this one!"

I pulled out a yellow dress from the bag

I pulled out a yellow dress from the bag. Everyone gasped. "It's beautiful!" they praised my work. "Thank you!" I smiled. "Wait!" one of them shouts. "You must be one of the amazing Madrigals!" my eyes widen. 'Shit! What am I going to do now!' I begin to panic a little. "Everyone go back to what you were doing! I'm sure the Madrigal doesn't want people surrounding her like that!" Natalia stands up for me. "I'm sure she doesn't!" a pair of hands land on my shoulders. I could recognise the voice immediately.

Camilo's Pov:

I was walking back to Isabella when I saw a crowd. They were talking about something so I decided to nosey in. My eyes widened shocked and angry as I saw Mirabel among the crowd. No, she was the centre of the crowd. "Keep calm Camilo!" I told myself. My bubble bursted when heard someone else's voice.

I looked up and it seemed to be a new friend Mirabel made. My blood was boiling. "Everyone go back to what you were doing! I'm sure the Madrigal doesn't want people surrounding her like that!" she seemed to be a girl Mirabel's age. Sure I'm just 1 year older than Mirabel but it doesn't mean she can shove me out her life like that!

(Before you come and attack me, I know Camilo and Mirabel are the same age just that Camilo is a few months older! I just changed the story up a bit!😊)

I walked up behind Mirabel and placed my hands on her shoulders. "I'm sure she doesn't!" I smiled. I heard Mirabel gasp underneath me. Mirabel's eyes were filled with worry and her friend looked at me shocked. "Who do you think you are?!" she yelled. "You can't just grab hold of my friend and think you can hurt her!" she pulled out a knife and immediately tried to attack me.

I swiftly moved to the side, grabbed her arm and took the knife in my hands, pointing at her throat. "I'm her cousin!" I smiled creepily, looking down at her. She gulped. I dropped her and sat next to Mirabel. "What a surprise!" I smiled. "Do you think I wouldn't know?" I whispered coldly into Mirabel's ear. I relaxed myself on the seat as Mirabel's friend got up.

"I'm so sorry!" she apologised to me. "I didn't mean to bring out my knife... it's just... I've had a terrible past so I carry a knife with me to protect me and my friends!" I rolled my eyes and sighed. "It's fine!" I stood up and grabbed Mirabel's hand. "If you excuse me, my cousin and I have to head home!" I dragged Mirabel back home with me. I entered my room and slammed the door shut. (Did I make Camilo a bit too scary here?!😰😭)

Mirabel's Pov:

When Camilo grabbed hold of me, my eyes widen. I was scared, so much that Natalia could notice it. "Who do you think you are?!" Natalia yelled. "You can't just grab hold of my friend and think you can hurt her!" she pulled out a knife and immediately tried to attack Camilo. My eyes widened, fingers trembling.

Camilo swiftly moved to the side, grabbed her arm and took the knife in his hands, pointing at her throat. "I'm her cousin!" Camilo smiled creepily, looking down at Natalia. She gulped. Camilo dropped her and sat next to me. "What a surprise!" Camilo smiled. "Do you think I wouldn't know?" he whispered coldly into my ear. I wanted to sream and run away from how scary his voice sounded. Camilo relaxed himself on the seat next to me as Natalia got up.

"I'm so sorry!" Natalia apologised to Camilo. "I didn't mean to bring out my knife... it's just... I've had a terrible past so I carry a knife with me to protect me and my friends!" I felt bad for her but I wanted to know a bit more about her past. Camilo rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. "It's fine!" he stood up and grabbed me. "If you excuse me, my cousin and I have to head home!" Camilo dragged me back home with home. We entered his room and Camilo slammed the door shut.

"Camilo I can explai-!" Camilo cut my sentence of by slamming his hand on his desk. "EXPLAIN WHAT?! HUH?!" I jumped. I've never seen this side of Camilo and it's scarring me! "You left the casita for who knows what! You promised me that we would go out together to explore town! AND YOU BROKE THAT PROMISE! And what's worse is that I see you with someone else! You know I hate when promises are broken so why would you do that?!" Camilo's voice changed from sweet to aggressive and cold.

"Camilo calm down!" I try reasoning with him but he won't listen. "Do you even know how I feel?!" Camilo laughed. Tears was streaming down his cheeks. "I- I missed you so much!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Camilo hugged me. "Without you, I'm nothing! I haven't been myself! Okay! I can't deal not seeing you if your okay! It'll breaks my heart if you die!" I wanted to cry so much. I never knew Camilo felt that way about me.

"I'm sorry!" I hugged him tight. "Camilo... I have a confession to make..." I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry I broke another promise we made. I- I hurt myself again... not once... not twice... not even three... but many times..." I was waiting for him to get super mad at me but he just stayed still in my arms.

"Can we stay like this and push everything a side...?" Camilo yawned. I smiled and said, "Okay! But it's bed time for you Camilo," I placed him in bed. "You know... your acting as if you were my madre," Camilo laughed. "Well, your acting like as if you were my hijo!" I tickled Camilo's cheek. "Fair point but... I think you'll be the best madre ever!" and like that Cmailo fell asleep. 'I'm glad he's okay now...' I smiled to myself.