Arc-1 Chapter-10: What is a Dwelling?

Two weeks later, the second recording was held.

Doi, the announcer, was not there, so we started the recording on the island.

    "Hello, Yoshikawa-kun, are you feeling less nervous now?"

    When I got off the boat, I found the president there.

    "I'm still nervous, but I've managed to do it without a script because I can be natural."

    "I knew it! I figured that would suit you better!"

    The plan for the program was directly conceived by the president.

His aggressive stance, including the fact that he chose me, is amazing.

Is there no fear of risk?

    "By the way, I checked the first video ahead of time, and good job finding the Saffron!"

    I was like, "Oh," remembering the time.

   "I hope everything is okay. I thought I made a statement that could be problematic."

    "No, no, really it was great. I checked with the production staff, and as you pointed out, they thought it was wild garlic. It's a great scene, so I've talked to them about using it."

    "Is that okay, program-wise?"

    "No, I would normally cut that scene in such a case. And then I'd replant the saffron and garlic without a second thought. But this show is all about realism. Even though it was a mistake by the staff, it was really good that even from the very first episode, we were able to show the danger. It makes it more convincing. That's why I'm going to continue to use meadow saffron, and there may be other dangers, but if you find any, please point them out to me. You can rag on the production staff and me, too."

    "I understand!"

 After that, the make-up and other preparations were finished, and the recording began.

❄👌❄

    "I've been thinking about it. A pit dwelling sounds good!"

    "It will be a lot of hard work. Are you sure you're up for it?"

    "I think with Daikichi-kun, I'll be fine!"

    "All right."

    Yukiho and I left the forest and came to a small meadow.

    "To build a pit house, you need tools. A shovel to dig the soil, and an axe to break tree branches."

    "Neither of them are in our backpack, remember?"

    "So let's start with the tools."

    "From the tools!?"

    "It's the same stone axe we used on Grandpa's island."

    "Ah! The one with a stone edge attached to a wooden stick!"

    Maybe it's for TV, Yukiho elaborates on it.

I smiled and said, "Yes."

    "We'll use a regular stone axe to break tree branches, but for digging in the dirt, we'll adjust the position of the blade. A regular axe has a horizontal blade, but since it's a shovel, you can attach the blade to the end of the stick so that it extends vertically. Tie it with a string to hold it in place and you'll be able to dig up some dirt."

    "Ah! But there's no string either, right?"

    "Oh, yeah, I forgot. Then let's make one."

    "You can make a string!?"