Chapter 1:

A/n: The first chapter is a chapter of getting to know the characters a bit and for them to remember the good times of their previous orphanage so that's why it might seem to be a little bit slow but from the next chapter, it'll get more interesting and more into the storyline. The last part was also a bit rushed so sorry if it seems like things are going a bit fast. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this chapter! :)

══════ ∘ ◦✰◦ ∘ ═══════

“Angie, I can’t believe that this is our last day here at Angel’s Palace orphanage. I knew that this day would come eventually but I didn’t think it would come so soon. I mean if they weren’t shutting this place down, we would have still had about 4 years left to go. This is the first and only place that I’ve known my whole life; it’s daunting having to go to a new place but I guess that it has to be done.” Julia told her friend while taking a pile of her clothes out of the big wardrobe that she was sharing with her friend Angie and 3 other girls. She made her way back to her bed and put her clothes on her bed.

Julia let off a sigh underneath her breath when she suddenly remembered that she’d forgotten to take her travel bag out from underneath her bed. She decides to leave the bag underneath the bed for the moment and makes her way to the window that was next to her bed in the dormitory. She looked outside of the window and the memories came flooding back to her and playing over in her mind. She could feel sadness creeping up to her and she could feel tears starting to form in her eyes. A moment later a tear escaped from one of her eyes, shortly another escaped from her other eye. She felt someone hug her from behind and gently rub her left shoulder. 

“Julia, I know that this is very hard and daunting for you but I think it’s time that we go to a different orphanage. I think it’s time for a change and who knows maybe we’ll enjoy it better there. The new orphanage we’re going to is in the countryside and there are horses there. It’s not in the city like this one is which I think is better. You know that I’m also quite upset that this place is shutting down but I’m looking forward to the new orphanage. It’s a bitter sweet moment because we do have some good memories here. I’ll never forget the memories that we have made here and I don’t expect you too either. Those memories will always be with you.” Angie said while still hugging and rubbing her left shoulder. She also looked out of the window in the direction where Julia was looking in. She searched for a moment and then found what she was focused on.

Julia was focused on the fountain, benches and flower beds that was in the middle of the garden. Angie remembered the time when her and Julia made a surprise party for their other friend Ava when it was her 13th birthday. That was a day that she would never forget, it was one of the best days that she had in a long time. Angie took her focus off of the fountain and looked further by the garden, then she saw the swings and slide. She remembered how the three of them played on it when they were younger. It was a bitter sweet moment.

“Angie, I guess that you’re right in many ways. I’m not saying that the new orphanage wouldn’t be good, I was just saying that it’s daunting and scary having to go to a new place. Do you remember the time when you and me put on a surprise party for Ava when it was her 13th birthday?” Julia asked her friend still with tears in her eyes.

“Yeah of course I remember that day, I was just thinking about that now when I saw that you were focused on the fountain. I will never forget that day, it was one of the best days that I’d had in a long time. I’m really going to miss Ava though, it sad that she’s not going to be coming to the same orphanage as us. She did promise us that she’ll stay in touch with us on social media but it won’t be the same. Do you want to go take some last-minute selfies in the garden before we pack up all our things?” Angie answered and asked while still comforting her.