Chapter 3:

Julia sat up straight in her bed when she heard the most petrifying noise that she had ever heard in her life. She could feel her heart beating fast in her throat and her face full of sweat. She had barely recovered from her first fright when she hears it again and a few seconds later she hears it again. After the third time, she heard that sound she climbs out of her bed and goes to wake up Angie.
“Angie Angie, please wake up.” Julia vigorously shakes her until she was awake. Angie turned around in her bed and looked at her friend with half-closed eyes.

“What’s the matter, Julia? Can’t you see that I’m trying to sleep here? I’m exhausted so can you please leave me alone to sleep in peace.” Angie complained to her friend.

Then Julia heard the same petrifying noise that she had heard a little earlier from her bed.

“D…did you hear that too or are my ears playing games with me? I swear I’m not hallucinating.” Julia asked Angie in a terrified voice. Julia could feel her heart beating in her fast in her throat again. Then she hears the petrifying noise again.

“Yes, I did hear that noise now and it’s really scary. I didn’t hear it before now because I was in a deep sleep. I wonder where that noise is coming from or what is making that noise but I’m not in the mood to look right now. I’m sure that whatever it is will make the noise another time again.” She murmured to her friend and turned around in her bed again to attempt to go back to sleep. She then hears the noise again and decides to get out of her bed to help Julia find out where this noise is coming from because it was starting to scare her as well. She couldn’t believe that they were going to search for this noise in the middle of the night.

They tiptoe until they reach the door, making sure that nobody sees or hears them leave the room. The whole time that they were walking toward the door they hear the same noises over and over again. Just as they were about to open the door to leave the dormitory, they hear a familiar voice right behind them. The voice sounds like someone they’ve met before. Julia put on her phone’s flashlight to see who it was. They turn around to see that it was no other than Bethany. They all stare at each other in shock for a few seconds and then Bethany starts talking.

“I wonder how she knew that we were leaving the room, I thought that we were being quiet but we woke her up.” Angie thought to herself.

“Where are you two going? Aren’t you two supposed to be sleeping?” Bethany folded her arms in front of her body and looks at them with a smirk on her face.

“Bethany, you see me and my friend are going to the girl’s toilet so there’s nothing to worry about. We aren’t going to be doing anything bad, you just need to trust us.” Angie lied to her with a straight look on her face.

“And who put you in the authority of the dormitory? We don’t have to listen to you if we don’t want to.” Julia added.

“You girls wouldn’t know anything because you only arrived here today. Ms. Benson put me in charge of this dormitory a few weeks ago because she trusted that I would do the job well. The previous head of this dormitory resigned and now we’re waiting for someone else to take the job. A part of me doesn’t believe what you’re saying but I’ll let you girls go to the toilet. I want you girls back here in about 10 minutes, please don’t take the whole night.” Bethany reprimanded them and then made her way back to her bed.

Julia and Angie make their way out of the door and close it behind them. They wait outside of the dormitory and after a few seconds, they hear the same petrifying noise again. They look around with Julia’s phone’s flashlight but they see nothing, they wait for a few seconds and then they hear it again. The sound was stronger towards the attic side of the passageway.