𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜

CHAPTER SIX: 

DETROIT, MICHIGAN

DATE

APR 17TH, 2022

TIME

PM 12:28:39

"For starters, what should I call you?" John asked the RT600 android sitting across from him.

"I'm Chloe," it said. "And you, what's your name?"

"Oh, John. My name is John," John replied.

Chloe's LED blinked yellow for a second before turning back to blue. "Delighted to meet you, John."

"Could you tell us a little about yourself and what you can do, Chloe?" John asked.

"Of course. I'm the first personal assistant built by CyberLife. I take care of most everyday tasks like cooking, housework, or managing your appointments for example," Chloe said.

John hummed in thought. "And I understand you're the first android to have passed the Turing test. Could you tell us a little bit more about that?"

"I really didn't do much, you know. I just spoke with a few humans to see if they could tell the difference between me and a real person. It was a really interesting experience." Chloe smiled.

"But this is the first time in history that man has created a machine more intelligent than himself." Chloe nodded. "I gather your brain can perform several billion, billion operations per second. Is that right?"

"Absolutely. But, I only exist thanks to the intelligence of the humans that designed me," it said, LED flickering. It chuckled lightly. "And you know, they have something I could never have."

"Really? And what's that?" John asked.

Chloe smiled and lightly shook its head. "A soul."

"I see. Well, Chloe. It was wonderful to meet you but our time is almost up," John said, standing up. Chloe did the same. He shook its hand. "It was marvelous to have you."

"Thank you for having me," it said. Chloe turned and looked at the camera before it cut off to Rosanna Cartland as she began talking about CyberLife and its newest android models.

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

Gavin groaned and shut the TV off, not liking the fact that CyberLife was the talk of the world. He tossed the remote onto the coffee table and let Bunny's puppy, Klaus, hop onto his lap.

Gavin stared into Klaus' eyes as he stared back, tilting his head innocently. He gently stroked the puppy and sighed through his nose.

"Gavin! Breakfast!" He heard Bunny call from the kitchen. He placed Klaus on the floor and he trotted away, laying down by the window where the sun shone through it.

Bunny and Gavin sat at the kitchen table, silently enjoying their breakfast. Gavin gulped his orange juice.

"So. . . peach." Bunny looked up at him. "Can I ask you something?"

Bunny swallowed a mouthful of eggs. "Of course, Gav. What is it?"

"Your house is so big and you just got a new puppy a few days ago to help keep you company when I go back to Detroit, right?" Bunny nodded slowly. "Well, I was wondering. . . you see. . . maybe you would like to. . . come back to Detroit with me?" he suggested hesitantly.

Bunny's eyes slowly lit up. "Do you really mean that Gavin?" she asked, shaking with excitement.

Gavin smiled. "Yeah, I do."

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

It had taken a while, but Bunny was finally able to pack all of her things and sell her house. She moved in with Gavin and his two cats. Klaus was even being nice to them.

Gavin continued his job as a detective and Bunny got a job at a well-known cafe. She was a little worried considering all of her co-workers were androids but the manager was really sweet and understanding about Bunny wanting to earn some money.

Gavin was thankful that Bunny wanted to help out, and he was happy that she liked her job. Even if it was with fucking plastic assholes.

Gavin stared at his phone, his screen lighting up with the picture of him and Elijah at the young age of 14, standing together in their Judo outfits. They each had an arm wrapped around each other with the caption saying: "The boys are finally black belts!"

Gavin sighed, he missed his half-brother greatly. But, he's a big-shot CEO now and they didn't exactly leave on good terms. . . Gavin's phone automatically shut off, he was left in the darkness of his room. He placed his phone on his nightstand and fell backward onto the bed, scratching his stomach. He felt his abs and the scars littered all over his body. Gavin closed his eyes, listening to the rain that gently pattered against his window

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

Gavin's alarm went off, making him crack his eyes open. "Fuck being a detective."

He showered, brushed his teeth, shaved, and put his classic outfit on. He walked downstairs, grabbed his badge, wallet, handcuffs, gun, and car keys. He left a note for Bunny on the kitchen counter as he did every day.

Hey, peach. I'll probably be home at around 5-6. so, order take-out for us. Anything works. Thanks. :)

- Gav

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

Bunny walked into the cafe in her uniform. A sea-green button-down shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt, a black apron, and black flats.

"Good morning, Nova!" Bunny waved at the TI200 android turning on the OPEN sign.

"Morning, Bun," Nova replied, smiling.

Bunny moved to behind the counter as people slowly began trickling into the cafe. Bunny smiled at every customer. She saw a familiar face in the crowd. David Allen.

"Hi, David," Bunny said.

"Hello, Bunny," David replied.

"The usual?" she asked, beginning to type onto the machine that held orders.

"Yep."

"Got it. I'll have that out for you shortly, David." Bunny sent the order to the chef android in the kitchen.

"Thanks, Bun." David walked over to a table in the corner, sitting down and taking out his phone.

A few minutes later, Bunny brought Allen his drink and went over to another table where she saw Hank Anderson, a 37-year-old police detective. Bunny called Hank "Papa" considering he was like a father to her.

"Hi, Papa," Bunny said, taking out an electric server book. "What can I get you?"

"Hey, Bun. Just my usual, thanks." The blonde smiled at her.

"You got it, Papa." Bunny walked off.

It was like this every day Bunny had to work. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, it was the same thing. It went on like that for a few years until Bunny quit and began working at a library.

Gavin and Bunny had their ups and downs. They disagreed about androids a few times but eventually agreed to disagree. Though, they both had the same opinion on Elijah Kamski. He was a fucking, prick. He ditched them to start a better life without them.

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭. 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓾𝓽𝓮