01.

The fighting is done and nobody's won / So now we're just laying here with steaming empty gunsAnd half of my heart has always been yours / So now I'm just laying here in pieces on the floor

And half of my heart has always been yours / So now I'm just laying here in pieces on the floor

Jungkook was certain that gloom somehow had a daily route through his city, making his home the first stop every day. Because every day he'd wake up to the same sombre ambience outside, dim lights from street lamps against blankets of cloud, a relentless thrashing of rain against the roof of his apartment, quiet whimpers from the neighbour's dog as he leaned against the wall they shared.

It was a Sunday, so he didn't need to heave his tired self into work clothes and to the station until the next day. But because it was a Sunday, he hadn't any idea what to fill his time up with.

Usually, these types of days consisted of him burying himself in the couch, an episode of some new drama playing in the background as he watched the trees dance through the window. But today he'd chosen the bed instead.

Lying on his side, he stared at the bleak wall in front of him, stained with regret, sorrow, desolation. The cycle was always the same. He'd wake up, he'd shuffle in his bed, he'd deliberate over all the poor choices he'd made in his life. The same self-destruction every day.

Just then, he felt a vibration through his pillow and slid his fingers under it, pulling his phone out.

Hoseok Hyung.

A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips, "Hyung."

"Sleepyhead," the light voice on the other end said, "What are you up to?"

"You should know the answer to that," he replied, "You?"

"Pulling up to your apartment complex, my love," he sang the last part, "See you soon!"

Eyes flickered to his nightstand, where his digital clock flashed a bright 16:27. Had he wallowed in the thin sheets of his bed all day?

Jungkook groaned into the phone, "Hyung, you know I love you, but I'm not in the mood for-"

"Yeah, yeah," he waved him off, "You better open the door for me, Jungkook."

"Hyung," he continued to whine but was met with radio silence. He'd hung up.

And it wasn't even five minutes later that Jungkook heard the loud knock at his front door. Rolling over, he threw the blanket off of him, running a hand over his face.

He knew he was grateful his friend had come all the way here to get him out of his bed. He just didn't want to show it.

"I can't believe you'd do this to me," was the first thing he said as he opened the door, met with a smiling face holding up two plastic bags of takeout.

"You can't believe it?" Hoseok asked the younger, stepping into his home and taking his shoes off, "Us extroverted friends have got to keep an eye out for you introverts, c'mon."