04.

Did you really love us but didn't know how to?Did you burn down the house to excuse all the pain that you went through? / And is it better now that you're gone?

Did you burn down the house to excuse all the pain that you went through? / And is it better now that you're gone?

Your eyes snapped open when you felt the slightest bit of light tap against its lids, the bittersweet, familiar ceiling staring right back at you.

And your senses betrayed you—your mind bringing back the sound of warm giggles muffled in the pillows, soft touches up the length of your arm, the sweet taste of his silky skin between your teeth.

Turning your head, you looked through the window at the grey clouds that seemed annoyingly familiar too.

You threw the blanket off you before you slid to your feet. It was too tempting to continue to sink further into the bed, and you knew you'd be there all day if you didn't force yourself out of it.

As your legs carried you to the door, you passed the mirror. Freezing as you did so, Jungkook's clothes on you served as an instant slap to the face yet again.

It hurt that he still had these. That he still remembered. That they still smelt the same. Just like him. You couldn't help but wonder if he thought of you when he wore them. If he wore them because of you.

A frustrated sigh left your lips at the thought. You had no right to think that way. No reason to.

Your hand rose to the doorknob, twisting it slowly as the murmuring from the television filled your ears straight away. Jungkook was up?

When you entered the living room, you scanned the space, finding him lying in the middle of the couch, back flat against the cushions as he watched the ceiling.

A nostalgic smile pulled at your lips, and you couldn't help yourself. But it dropped almost immediately when something pulled at your heart.

"Good morning," you said softly as you dawdled around the furniture, falling next to him into the setti. His head jerked up, and you watched his eyebrows rise.

"Oh, hey," his words were rushed as he sat upright, "You're awake."

"I am," you sent him a half-hearted smile, "I'm surprised too."

Then, his gaze dropped from yours, and the moments passed in unbearable silence. Your mind still couldn't wrap itself around how you two ended up this way.

"Do you want anything to eat?" he interrupted the quiet, reaching for the remote and turning the volume down.

"No, that's fine, thank you. For some reason, I don't have much of an appetite right now."

"Okay," the silent nodding was back, and you had to hold back the groan hiding within your throat.

"Do you always wake up at..." your eyes flitted to the clock, "six in the morning?"