CHAPTER NINETEEN: THE FIGHT OF OUR LIVES

(In perspective of Zana):

I couldn't help but think of the danger I was putting Matthew in. I had already allowed his parents to do what they wanted and look where it got them! I peeked into the lunch room, staring at Matthew, he was so happy. I just don't know if it would be best to take away his happiness for something like this. I knew I was being overprotective, but he was my nephew after all. I sighed and started walking into the lunch room. I held a crimson red file that was labeled top secret. I then hesitantly stepped towards Matthew's table and slapped the file in front of him.

"Here, and for the record, I really don't think you should do this." I looked into his eyes, almost begging him to drop this nonsense and move on with his life. He gratefully took the folder and opened it. The opened folder revealed a lovely picture of my sister and her husband on their honeymoon, posing in front of the perfect non conflicted sky. I was about to go back to my office when I noticed how closely Andrometa scooted next to Matthew. How her cheeks almost started to blush but not quite.

"Ahhh young love." I joked and Crustello gave me a horrified glare. His mouth hung wide open. I saw him reach for the apple on his plate. He lifted it and it began to release from his grasp. I instinctively caught it and looked at the Macintosh apple in my hand, then I looked back at Crustello. No he did not just do that. I threw it at him with all my might and it fell apart when it hit his face. He then started to grab the spaghetti on his plate and Danny yelled, "FOOD FIGHT!!!!!" The room started filling with both screams and cheers, Andrometa instinctively ducked under the table and food started flinging all over the lunch room. Andrometa was suddenly hit with a tomato, it dripped down her face. She suddenly let out a battle cry and flipped over the table.

"THATS IT!!!!!!!!" She screamed, she started collecting various different trays of food. And I will never look at trays as just trays again. The next thing we knew, we had tray catapults and the lunchroom started filling with loud screams of laughter and horror. A couple people tried to run to the door and were then responded with piles of food. The lunch room was complete and utter chaos.

THREE HOURS LATER (no specific perspective):
We had tables flipped over to the sides as defensive measures. The people in the lunchroom were split in two, both the Crustellos were yelling at their teams, getting ready for an all out war. That's when supreme commander Marcell stormed into the room.
"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!" Zana had a guilty look on her face, she looked around at the kids and suddenly told the commander, "Just a training exercise." That earned some smiles and bits of muffled laughter around the room.
"Well, have fun cleaning up your training exercise." she handed Zana a mop and broom. The supreme commander huffed away and everyone suddenly burst into laughter. We hadn't had that much fun in years, it definitely was a nice change of pace.
TO BE CONTINUED