CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: THE BURLY MAN

(told in perspective of Draco)
The man walked into our camp, tired and out of breathe. "Help!" He cried, "Help shes been taken!" He was the burly man from back at the store, I recognized him and remembered he was still working for the Lunas, I backed away while giving him a "Don't try anything look." He rolled his eyes and said,
"Look, I know you have every reason not to trust me, but right now, the only person you should be worrying about is Cassandra."

"Wait! You mean our Cassandra?! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER?" I screamed and lunged at him. He was right, we had no reason to trust him, and I didn't. What if he had first gotten ahold of Cassandra and came for us next? I broke out into tears,
"Whyyyy did it have to be Cassandra?" I cried, I hated this man, I hated everything about him, all I wanted to see was my sister, kneeling beside me, hugging me like she always does. I once again lunged at him, then being held back by both Matthew and Andrometa.

"I didn't know you were so close to her..." Matthew started.

"CLOSE?! We were inseparable! We are blood! Family! Siblings!" I looked back at the now shocked burly man, "And you! How dare you even look at my sister, how do we know if your not the one who took her?" I screamed. I was mad.

"Woah woah woah, there's no need to start blaming people. Take a breathe Draco." Matthew stood between us, holding out his arms to try and keep the argument from escalating any further. Did he seriously just tell me to calm down? I mean look at this guy! He was obviously guilty, I mean, what better way to get rid of us all at once than to take advantage of our trust? He had my sister, and I was determined to get her back. I glared at him, I knew he was hiding something, I could see it in his guilty eyes.

"Look buddy, I don't know you that well, goodness, I don't know you at all, but trust me when I tell you this, if I wanted to capture you, you would already be captured, I take things very seriously and I am not the betraying type. So if you want to blame me one more time, be my guest, but if you want any chance of finding your sister, I'm your best bet." I was speechless, I didn't know what to say, all I knew was that he was telling the truth, at that very moment, all guilt in his eyes had faded away, even if he was hiding something, it felt like I could still trust him.

Nodding, I told him, "Look buddy..."

"Brutus, call me Brutus." He smiled.

"Draco." I nodded back.
"Look Brutus, I don't know you to well either, but I know when I find a trustworthy person, and you, you are one of them." I smiled and shook his hand, but in the back of my mind, I secretively told myself that I would get to the bottom of his secret, no matter the consequences."
TO BE CONTINUED