Ellen's Sun

After telling the teachers, and going over an hour of complaints, I flew Sing-Song home. Teddy and Francis accompanied me. We had hitched another ride over the handbook, and I realized I'd met a Darkmorph. It was a dragon that could shape-shift into any other dragon. When angered, like Gina did to Dukey, it could reveal its common form, what we just saw. That's impossible! Gina protested. He was so friendly to me in other situations! No, I'd replied, all of a sudden, a whiz on dragons. When it shape-shifts into one dragon, it forgets its memory, unless angered. An expert might say that it's not in control of its shapeshifting and memory loss. He must have just considered himself a normal Unidrake until you pushed him too far in the Dragon Duel. Oh no! she said, but not sarcastically. Did you tell the teachers! Er, no, Teddy admitted. Though I wish I could. Right now, I landed on my doorstep, and knocked on the door. My father opened it and whistled. You've got yourself a good dragon, Nate, he smiled. Whaddya call him? I call mine EI! Cried my sister, Ellen. See for yourself! I barged into the room and found myself staring at a wide-eyed cockatrice. Francis gasped, peering under my father's arm. Sun cockatrice! He whispered. It's an adult! Most get eaten when their infants, which makes them, well, rare, but Ellen could find one! Congratulate your sister! Er, no way, I muttered under my breath. Yes! Said Ellen. I knew it! An adult sun cockatrice! Hooah! I've never seen my sister so excited. She walks up to Francis, and gives him a big, fat kiss on the cheek. I did expect him to faint, but you can't blame him. He falls to the floor, seeming as dead as a doorknob. Um... Ellen sighs. Anyway! This sun cockatrice is like my sun, and I care for him as though he was my son! EW. Have you ever seen your sister like this? Congratulations, each day of your life will be similar. You see, I like to be unique. That's what makes me stand out. But sometimes, to fit in, you have to deny your nature. Eventually, Ellen left to take a bath, and Dad shrugged and walked away. That left me with EI. Teddy walked towards him, touching him lightly on the left eyelid. I didn't know why, but that triggered EI. He squawked, and started running around wildly. What? Why is he doing this? Yelped Francis. They usually like touches! The only one who does like touches from others is... A Darkmorph. I went pale. I realized that EI had stopped running around and flailing, and squawking and all that, but he stood there, with a grin of pure evil. Quickly, the shower went out, and in two notes of Sing-Song's melody, she was dressed, and back in business. What's going on?! She cried, rushing to EI. What did you do to EI? You better not be doing anything! I love her so much, you can see it in her name! EI is short for Ellen's Inspiration! Whoa. It is hard to impress my sister. And when she is, she's embarrassed enough to guard it at any cost. I went back into my room, and threw a pillow at Francis. No! I cried. My worst nightmares have come true, even if I didn't dream of think about this! I didn't know dragons existed until today! Well, I did in Ultra Nate, where a huge spiked dragon was after Mega Chad for cutting his hind feet off, but still! And why was he grinning like he knew? Frowned Teddy. Didn't you say that he loses his memory with every shape-shift? That doesn't matter, growled Francis. That impostor is going to pay for earning a place in Ellen's heart, perhaps even deeper than Gordie! And yet, he's a bad guy. All of a sudden, like Francis, I'm angry. He was right. Who does this Darkmorph think he is? I got to my feet, and stomped my foot. Guys! Francis is right! Me and Sing-Song will take care of this! I bet a few moments later, Dad's gonna come busting through that door and tell you that you should leave and it's getting late, unless you have your parent's permission for a sleepover! Teddy grinned. He pulled out a coupon, for a free sleepover. We'll put this birthday present, coming in plenties, to the waste. Soon, it was time to go to bedtime. Jack Frost was stalking EI, and when he noticed EI shapeshifting, he chortled through the walkie-talkie plastered onto his collar. Teddy is amazing at communicating with his dragon. We burst in through the door, and saw the same Darkmorph waiting for us, barely fitting in the house. Nate... A disembodied voice moaned, even if he didn't part his own scaled lips. Darkmorph! I yelled. You have tricked my sister. And no one tricks my sister! Suddenly, Sing-Song song's notes began to glow again, and suddenly, she whacked the Darkmorph square in the face with her tail club. He roared in pain, and Ellen rushed out of her bedroom and gasped. EI is a Darkmorph! I yelled. Hide! She ran to the drawers, and stuffed herself in the biggest one, where she struggled to breath. My anger was shared with Sing-Song's very own emotions at this moment. She shrieked, and Dad woke up. He understood everything, and hid behind the kitchen counter. Realizing that Sing-Song might not need help, Jack Frost and Seedling didn't dare bother. Sing-Song flew around Darkmorph, and shot and ball of black fire shaped like a song note at him, but the Darkmorph narrowly dodged. She breathed her fire again, this time a white song note. As she breathed these notes, their song rang in my ear. Then, the final ball of fire hit him in the heart, and his eyes rolled back into his head. He collapsed, making the pots and pans back in the kitchen clatter. Ellen and Dad peeked out, but were too shocked to rejoice. The Darkmorph was dead.