Missing

I opened my eyes, muttering incoherently. I moaned, sat up in bed, and checked the time. Was it early! Only 6:00 AM. I yawned, and still got out of bed. I poured myself a pitcher of water, and drank some sips. Nate! Dad yelled. He came up to me. Then he frowned in guilt, his eyes on the ground. I stopped drinking, and coughed some water out. Was he about to announce something that I might be disturbed from? Sing-Song's... He started to whisper under his breath, as though taking the mysterious fact in. I couldn't hear the rest of his sentence. That's when I realized, with a sickening lurch, that Sing-Song wasn't behind my bed. No! I cried. Do you mean... Yes, he muttered. I'm s-sorry, Nate. I'll h-have to d-drive you to school. I'd just woken up, and I wasn't prepared for this drama. This day sure had a fast plot. After the time came, he loaded me into the car, and my anger rose to unspeakable heights. But I was able to calm myself down, and took those sips of water I was cut off at. I didn't want to get angry at Dad. Once I reached school, I got off the car, and boarded the halls of P.S 38. Then I realised the school was dragon-less. The same that happened to me had happened to everybody else. My sadness was replaced with surprise as I eyed the halls of P.S 38 once again. Then again. Then again. This meant something bigger was happening. Hiya, worm-brain, Francis said in a low, dull voice. I turned my head and plastered a fake grin onto my face. 'Sup, Francis? Same thing happened to me as to you, get it? I can tell Jack Frost isn't by your side. Francis' smile faded, then turned into a wide sneer of triumph. I know who did all of this, yet. You're welcome. I know I'm a TOTAL genius. I gasped. Wait, what? Francis nodded. The Gem Dragon. That's what's happening. What the? Asked Teddy, and I realised Chad and Dee-Dee had been glued into our conversation. Francis sighed. Then you want to come into the library with me. I read more than a dozen books, and I found it! Francis led us to the library, and he retrieved an old, dusty book from the shelf. Voila! He grinned, and opened it. A luminous glow enveloped us, and a dragon who's scales were gems was in this light. Its claws were spiked gems too. It's a vision! The book is magic! Francis grinned. If dragons are real, this is! Then, further observing the peculiar dragon, I realized its yellow eyes were glowing with great luminosity. It was the Gem Dragon. The Gem Dragon, the words from the book flowed throughout this background. The creator of beauty and deception itself. Its gem-like scales are said to attract any dragon. Every hundred years, it flies above P.S 38. It lures all the dragons which are there to the afterlife, then comes back and places the next generation of dragons around P.S 38. This is said to happen sometime after Dragon Day, the reason, according to mythology, that many dragons vanish sometime after it. The vision faded away, revealing your day-to-day library. Whoaaaaaa, Chad said, amazed. SO DRAMATIC! Screeched Dee-Dee. I was waiting for that. So P.S 38 appeared in mythology? I said, amazed, cutting Dee-Dee off. That's awesome! Mmhm, Francis nodded. To find the Gem Dragon, they say... He muttered under his breath, then took a piece of paper out of his backpack, which he retrieved from his locker before we went to the library. He wrote some words down on it, and nodded with a grin. This explains everything. Wait... We're late for class! Come on! Everybody rushed away, but I knew they'd forgotten the paper so quickly. I took a quick peek at the paper, and I was impressed. 

To find the Gem Dragon,

ride on the Hidden Wagon.

to the dragons that are agen

The Eon Dragons will give you the key

And safety that key will guarantee

Until the Gemkeeper cometh

hiding the myth

behind the legendary doors of the Gemstone Gate

In which dwells your chosen fate