Thirteen

"Grace are you-" I ran up to Tom and hugged him. Catching him by surprise. I felt terrible and I know he wouldn't care about how it affected him after seeing how badly it affected me. Thank god we go back to school tomorrow. His reaction was to just hug me back to know that he was here to comfort me. George and Tom. The two I knew I could count on for this type of thing. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The girls helped me calm down and all that stuff. And I just chose to lay in bed for the rest of the day. No one questioned me. George would come in and check on me every once in a while. And I was grateful but I really wanted Tom.

The door opened again around five o'clock. This time I didn't bother turning my body to face the door. "Go away George. Please." I hugged me pillow tighter. "It's me love." I felt the bed dip a little knowing he was sitting down. I sat up and hugged him. "I'm sorry." I said. "Grace look at me." He pulled away and we made eye contact. "You have nothing to apologize for. Okay?"

I just nodded. "Grace?" I looked down. "They shouldn't have said those things with you around." I muttered. "I've heard worse. Besides it's not like I care about your mothers opinion." He lifted my face back up and leaned in to kiss me. I know this relationship would never work. I mean he's a Riddle. And I don't mean that in a bad way. But his father would never approve of him with someone like me. 

We would never work. And yet we can't resist each-other. That was obvious. There was a knock on the door. "Come in." I said. George walked in. "Are you guys gonna come to dinner?" Tom looked at me. I shook my head. "I'm gonna stay with her." Tom said. "Okay. Just wanted to ask." George walked out and closed the door behind him. "Tom go to dinner." I said. "I'm not gonna leave you alone Grace."

I nodded. "You wanna lay down and I'll read to you?" I smiled. "Yeah that sounds nice." I grabbed a book and handed it to him. Laying down as he came around to the other side of the bed. I moved close to him. Laying my head on his chest. He opened the book and started reading.