Chapter Twenty

[A Parker's Misery]

[A Parker's Misery]

KAI'S POV

Shame. That's what I feel because I've lost all the significant aspects of myself. The feeling of not caring for others, and the feeling of not caring what she thinks of me. I've never been one who was afraid to do what I wanted; I still am not, but she was able to control the darkness inside of me for just a second. And the thing is? I've been told by the ones who gave me life that I would never be loved, and I am not worthy of it. The black sheep, they say- the abomination they say. Might as well prove them right. Right?

She left. She said what she wanted to say to me and left. I let out a laugh at the thought while pushing my hair back. I couldn't believe how stupid I was for believing the bullshit Orange said to me all this time. Her feelings for me were a lie, and I wish I could say the same.

I walked along the bar with a bored expression on my face. Scanning the area, looking for my twin, who was nowhere to be found. But I didn't really care to look for her anyway; it's not like I wanted to speak to her.

I didn't want to speak to anyone.

While making my way out of the bar, I stumbled across Dean. He looked at me a bit annoyed, "Have you seen Annabelle?" He questions, and since I'm already in a bad mood? Might as well piss this guy off. A smile spreads across my lips as my eyes lit up, "Ah, Annie bear? Probably off with some guy. You know? She was never one to be into someone like you." I pause, staring him down. "Maybe she's using you as a distracting for what she really wants." I joke while gesturing to myself with a snort, only stirring up some anger inside this insecure guy.

"Too bad I don't give her the light of day." I said in a serious yet playful tone before patting Dean's shoulder, "Good luck, buddy." I say, and before I had the chance to walk out, Dean pinned me against the wall.

I would've preferred a punch to the face, but I guess this is a good enough reaction.

"Wow there, Daniel, I don't swing that way." I teased and chuckled while he glared at me, "You think you're so funny, huh?" He spat while I pretended to think about it before I nodded. Dean scoffs while holding me in place, "Wait until I tell my sister what you said about Annabelle. She will be pissed- thought you were done with her?" He smirks, thinking he has the upper hand here, but he doesn't.

My eyes narrowed. "Do it." I said unfazed, ripping his hands off of me before pushing him back. Dean looked at me in shock with a hint of curiosity in his eyes. He looked me over for a few seconds before a smile spread across his lips.

"I get it now." He breathes out while shaking his head.

I huff, making my way out of the bar and along the streets with this annoying eclipse following me like a lost puppy. "You and my sister got in a fight." He blurts out, and I ignore him, hoping he gets the hint to leave me alone. "Oh, come on, brother-in-law, you can talk to me." He says in a pleased tone, and I stop in my tracks, turning my body around to face him with a killer smile.