ᴅᴀʀᴋʙʟᴀᴅᴇ

"Chloé is running for the class representative position and Sabrina will be her deputy. Do we have any other candidates?"

Madame Bustier was talking about the election in class.

Suddenly, Marinette bursted into the classroom, late as always. "Hi! I'm sorry! I-uh, I-uh, the bus!" She stated before sitting down.

Soyala turned to her, amused. "The bus, huh?"

Marinette smiled sheepishly at her statement, before Alya interrupted them. "Chloé's running again! She's been class rep since when? Kindergarten?"

"Oh! Why don't you run as candidate? You'd make an awesome representative!" The clumsy girl suggested.

"No can do. My blog is a full-time job!" Alya answered. "Soyala would do an amazing job, tho."

Soyala watched Alya, shocked. "Me? Nuh-uh. No chance."

"Alright, I'll give all of you till the end of lunch to decide if you like to be a candidate." The teacher turned to the class before starting the lesson.

After break the students returned to class, not before Soyala and the others finding out why no one wanted to go against Chloé.

"So, any new candidates who would like to run against Chloé and Sabrina?" Madame Bustier asked hopefully.

No one raised their hand.

"Given that Chloé and Sabrina are the only candidates, there's no point in voting. So, Chloé and Sabrina—"

Without thinking, Soyala raised her hand. "I'll run." She smirked at Chloé.

Everyone except Chloé and Sabrina looked at her excitedly and happy that there was a chance for them after all.

"Wonderful! You'll need to develop your campaign and have a speech ready by tomorrow. We'll have the vote then."

꧁꧂

Alya nudged Soyala. "So, let's hear the scoop on your campaign! How are you gonna represent?"

Soyala froze for a moment. "Represent? Uh, I have no idea. I just wanted to wipe the smirk out off her face." She shrugged.

Rose saw the positiv aspects, as always. "You spoke from the heart, it was truly authentic!"

Soyala grinned. "You think?"

They talked a little more about things to improve, until Adrien showed up.

Soyala punched his arm. "I better can count on your vote, right?"

He massaged at the spot that hurt now. "After your punch just now I have to reconsider."

Soyala rolled her eyes. "Shut up, it wasn't even that hard."

Adrien smiled at her. "Don't worry, you can count on me." He said before leaving.

Marinette watched the interaction.

Maybe...

꧁꧂

"Softer chairs, music in the library, whatever Juleka said...I'm writing down everyone's issues! Now I just have to get all this in my election speech." Soyala got home with Marinette by her side and prepared her speech.

Before leaving the school, Soyala asked Marinette to be her deputy. She agreed.

Marinette turned to the girl. "Where's your mom?"