S1 Chapter 1: Entrance exams

Thoughts = ' '

- Chapter 1 start -

5 months later

After training for the next 5 months passed it was time for the UA entrance exams. A couple of hours before the exam (Y/n) decided to meditate to get a better grip on his emotions so after doing that an hour before Izuku woke up got ready for the day.

-After getting ready and going to UA-

Y/n: ‘So this is UA high school amazing‘

(Y/n) waited for his brother so he decided to ask for directions before his brother gets here so that they don’t spend time just mindlessly wandering around the place. After trying to find someone to tell him where to go for the exams he finally found someone who was a girl with periwinkle hair he went up to this person and asked.

Y/n: “Um excuse me but do you know where you can take the Hero course entrance exam?”

???: “Yeah it’s just right over if your wondering” pointing in a direction 

Y/n: “Thank you umm?”

???: “Nejire Hado and you”

Y/n: “(Y/n) Midoriya”

Nejire: “Guess it’s nice to meet you”

Y/n: “Yeah you too Nejire”

You turn around and see your brother approaching/arriving at UA and he tries to go towards him but before he could he sees Katsuki telling him something. But before (Y/n) could intervene Katsuki left his brother right after that interaction izuku started walking towards his brother then fell but before he hit the ground someone saved him.

(A/n: everything happens as the anime uraraka saves deku from falling and same thing as in the auditorium)

After getting the explanation of the exams they were given the written part of the exam and (Y/n) did it quickly and made sure after he finished he double checked his answer on the questions. And after he double checked his answer he felt safe about his answers and that fact he could pass the written part. Once the written part of the exam finished they were told to go to their battle centers. And of course (Y/n) brought his sword since he can somewhat use the light/dark-side without the sword but he has more control over it with the blade/sword.

Once getting to his battle center he grabbed the core of his blade/sword and transformed it into his blade and sword without people noticing it and he already has an excuse for if someone saw him do it. He then calmed down for the practical part of the exam so that he could get points and the moment he activated the light-side the exam had started. 

He immediately dashed into the battle center and encountered a 3 pointer and used sword/blade beams by channeling a bunch of light energy into his blade/sword and slashed at it releasing the stored up light energy as a slash. After destroying the 3 pointer he went into an alleyway and changed to the darkness/shadow side to move through the shadows/darkness to another point. Of the battle center and proceeded to do this for his strategy to get a lot of points to pass the exam.

After a couple of minutes of destroying pointer after pointer (Y/n) had 30 villian points and 20 rescue points by saving others by pointers but (Y/n) himself didn’t know there were rescue points. And he thought ‘damn I only have 30 points and I need a lot more to pass the exams’. So he decided to just focus on pointers for the ability to pass the exams and before he could go to a location in his battle center he felt as if there was an earthquake but then realized it could be the zero pointer.

But he thought that the zero pointer would be small but he didn’t expect it to be this huge. He then saw someone stuck under some rubble and also saw others running away but he got a bit angry since a hero is supposed to save others yet the other contestants for the hero course are just running away. Once seeing this he quickly switched from his darkness/shadow side to his light side to get to where the person is stuck and knew he had to destroy the zero pointer or quickly switch back to his darkness/shadow side to pick up the rubble and then grab the person then switch back to his light side and get away from the zero pointer but he knew that destroying it was the best option.

The moment he got close he used his light side to get on top of some buildings in the battle center, and then quickly jumped up into the air. Then boosted himself with the light side, up more into the air and once he was at a reasonable height he was charging/storing up light energy in his blade and then after charging/storing up light energy. He quickly released the energy with multiple slashes at the zero pointer all targeting an important point on the robot. After doing that he used the light side to boost back down to the ground and land safely once doing that the exam finished.

After the exam finished people were asking (Y/n) Questions and he answered them but one question they had was ‘why is he using a sword?’ but when they asked this he just shrugged it off but still answered it regardless but it was mostly a lie on how he got the blade. Once the questions finished he quickly ran back to the front of the school so that he and Izuku can go home together but quickly realizes that his brother just got his quirk from all might and has no idea how to control it. And then rushes back in to go to the nurses office since izuku doesn’t know how to control the power output of One For All (OFA) then proceeds to wait until he wakes up/gets his energy back from the exam.

They then proceed to walk back home and prepare themselves for what is to come next in their lives. Once getting home they decided to train together to see how far they growed in 5 months and to compare their growth in a secluded area/forest. (Y/n) won of course but he told his brother it was a good attempt while he recalled his fight with the man who copied the design of the blade he wields. After 2 weeks of waiting they got their letters, they went to their rooms and opened them. To Izuku’s surprise he passed, and (Y/n) definitely passed since he destroyed a lot of pointers and helped others in need during the exam. They celebrated after they told their mom they passed and got into UA’s hero course but (Y/n) knew deep down that he had to get stronger if were to ever encounter HIM again recalling that moment 5 months ago, then before it could get later they picked up their uniforms for UA.

- End of chapter -