Grocery shopping

Y/n, Alice, and Jasper were pleasantly surprised to find out that school had been temporarily canceled for the day as they awoke. Or should I say Y/n woke as the other two could not sleep? However, they never complained and quite liked the idea of being able to watch over and protect the third all night.

Due to a recent bad storm, the high school's power was out and had not yet been restored, meaning no school for the Throuple or their families. 

From the bed in which the three cuddled, the smell of breakfast wafted into the room, putting y/n at ease and satisfying their craving for food. At the same time, however, it reminded y/n that their father, Charlie, had not bought any groceries and they were in great need of some. 

Sure, Charlie was an adult and he could look after himself, but y/n knew from experience that all that went out the window when it came to food. The men's only food source before they moved in was dinner food, junk food, and fish. This was not surprising considering the fact that he could not cook to save his life and almost burnt down the house simply by making easy pasta. 

Y/n was shook out of their thoughts by a pair of arms around their waist, tightening slightly, and a second pair running their hands all the way up to their hair. Knowing Jasper was the latter and Alice was the former, they simply let the hands roam to their hearts' content.

Eventually, a knock at the door interrupted the sweet silence of the warm, comfortable morning. The door was not opened out of respect for privacy, but rather the person behind shouted that y/n's food was ready. The voice was recognized to be that of Emmet Cullen, Jasper and Alice's adoptive brother.

After the three made their way down the stairs and spent quality time with others, Y/N asked for Alice and Jasper to accompany them to the grocery store. The latter obviously knew of a grocery store from their time around humans, but they did not actually find any use for themselves, as Esme, their mother, for all. For intensive purposes, I did all of the shopping. 

The two, of course, still agree to come along as any time with their partner is a good time for them. 

******* Edward's mind voodoo has provided you with a time jump ********

When the three arrived at the store, it was probably midday and not very packed. Considering it was Forks, Washington, the store itself was not very big either, and all of the people in there knew each other. 

People gawked at the three beautiful, especially Alice and Jasper, as their pale skin seemed to belong in a winter magazine and not this rundown old town. Y/n couldn't agree more, and while they were grateful to have ended up with the Cullens, it is often wondered why they stayed in Forks in the first place.

The first aisle contained all of the frozen foods and desserts. Obviously, there were quite a few items put into the cart on this row, as Bella, Charlie, and y/n were completely dessert crazy. It appeared a sweet tooth ran in the family.

One thing y/n never quite understood was why she and her lovers' families could not appreciate food in all of its beautiful glory. They were quite horrified when finding out that food tasted the same as the beautiful creatures they spent every waking second with. Honestly, that fact was the one that took the longest for them to process, not their lack of sleep or even the cravings for blood. 

Y/N reluctantly moved onto the proceeding isles after spending some time on the first. Alice and Jasper just watched the interaction with amusement, not fully understanding that their taste for human food has been gone for a significant amount of time. Still, the look on their partners' faces was enough to continually entice them during shopping. Sometimes, though, they really wished to be human and able to fully enjoy Y/ns's cooking and give them a normal, happy life away from all of this stress and harm. This, however, was better than not having them at all, so they all just tried to find happiness in the small things. 

The isle following frozen desserts was filled with all types of beans and pasta. Y/N grabbed a few cans of each side for the dinners already planned on their phone. They happened to be slightly freakishly organized about chores and dinners. If you lived with the swans, you would too, in their defense. Dinners for the week were always present on their phone and in the kitchen fridge, along with a monthly calendar presenting all of the swans' schedules. Charlie's brown color took over most of the calendar with his busy work schedule. Y/N and Bella were pretty much tied with all of their visits and scheduled activities with the Cullens. Y/N had more from their after-school activities, which also happened to be cancelled until further notice. 

After the pastas and beans, there were spices and soup isles, which took almost as long as the frozen desserts due to their vast cooking knowledge and materials needed to accommodate them. While they might have come from a family of horrible cooks, it did not mean they could not season food like the pros. They grabbed allspice, anise, caraway, and cloves as they were low on all four and the other spices would still last for some time. For soups, they grabbed basic tomatoes, chicken noodles, broth, and even the ingredients to make some miso soup as an extra surprise for their family. 

As soon as they left that isle, they realised they had forgotten the vegetables and sent the cullens to retrieve them, assuring them they would be fine on their own.

When the latter two had caught back up with the former, the cart was significantly fuller with all types of meat, noodles, and basic cooking essentials. The person in question, however, was not getting food at the time. Y/N had found a small pack of three fake mustaches and was staring at it in excitement. The perfect three inside almost seemed to be fate.

They ended up putting all three on and running through the small store together, racing to find the needed groceries. Moments like these were the moments of happiness the Cullens were talking about before. Little glispses of humanlikeness were all that seemed to exist and only that moment mattered. This would be one of the cherished memories to get them through any rough times. That was a guarantee. They continued to laugh and run around like typical teenagers, even if only one technically was one. 

After all of the groceries were found, they headed to the checkout still smiling and fought over who would pay. All of them wanted to be the one to pay. Y/N pretended to have forgotten something and sent them to find it, forgetting Alice's ability to see the future. She sent Jasper and waited with Y/n, paying with inhuman speed, making them pout. However, there was almost no way to beat their partners, who always insisted on paying due to their never-ending supply of cash. Y/N would one day have to accept that, but that day would not be soon due to their independency adopted from childhood. 

They all to the swan residence and put away the groceries and lounged until their father wa sdue in an hour and began to cook. The rest of the day was peaceful and the swans all ate peacefully with the three cullens before haveinga  pleasant movie night.