𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

    The blood-curling screams of pure agony echo through the hallways of the castle. Even the raging thunder cannot drown out the screams and neither the pain. The castle might stand tall by the edge of a lake and many have come and gone through the hallways, but there is one that has entered and will not leave there alive. The agony which she goes through is what so many have had to go through in their lives. The sweat lingers upon her skin as the exhaustion as well as the pain and adrenaline pump through her entire body. Being ripped apart to bring another life into this world is what many women have had to go through, while she is not the first, this is her first. The woman is frightened, surrounded by people she does not know. Carrying a life that is breaking her apart to enter the world. Healers from all over are gathered around her, some to ease her pain while others to help bring the child towards the living world in which they have found themselves. In truth, none cares for the woman.

    In their minds, she is simply the one that carries an important child which will bring forth a new era to them. The woman, the one who carries the child and has done so for eight months screams once more. Begging all those who she can to get this child out of her body. There is love in her heart for that child and she will forever love it, and yet she screams to get it out for it pains her deeply. Her body is almost not able to bear this pain any longer. Breathing has become harder for the woman. The Healers in the room speak but she cannot listen. Their words are muffled from the pain and her screams. Her throat is raw and yet that is the last of her concerns.

    Through pure agony and endless cries, she finally is able to bring her child into the world. The cries of her child are heard strongly throughout the room. Then she heard the words which she prayed she would hear. "A strong healthy boy" A Healer spoke to her. The smile comes to her face as she relaxes softly on the bed. Exhausted and yet the happiest woman who has ever lived, she eyes her son which the Healers are cleaning. A tear runs down her cheek as she sees her son. Her beautiful son.

    Once the baby boy has been wrapped in a white cloth and cleaned, he is given to another Healer who walks towards the door. Not towards the woman. This shocks her. The mother begs and cries out to hold her son but her cries are not heard. The Healer with the baby in hand leaves the room with the shouts still behind her as she walks the hallways. The child was calmed in her arms and had a smile on her face. The hallways are poorly lit, and the sound of the thunder and rain can be heard, even so far into the castle itself. They wake not the boy in her arms who remains asleep. The Healer brings the baby towards the ballroom of the castle which has also been used as the throne room.

    Upon an iron throne made centuries ago sits the regal and glorious King of the castle and the Kingdom. The dark look in his eyes once his eyes have cast themselves upon the Healer who enters. She bows before the King before she speaks. "A son, Your Majesty"